Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets attrition prediction--hey that rhymes!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's actually alliterteration... Not rhyming.

It's actually not. Alliteration refers to the first syllable sounding the same where rhyming refers to to last.

"Attrition" and "Prediction"....I'm thinking it's the last that sound similar. By the way, I didn't know any of this, I looked it up on the Google so I could sound smart.

Whatever makes you happy.

Constant monthly bids. Wading through the TSA every day at work. Jockeying for a jumpseat 8 to 10 times a month. Dealing with a crashpad. ALPA issues that never seem to stop...to name a few.
With the latest quarterly report and resulting stock price trend, the above may not seem so bad in 2-3 years for you.

With the latest quarterly report and resulting stock price trend, the above may not seem so bad in 2-3 years for you.

Point taken. But some of the airlines aren't looking too healthy, either. If you work for an aviation company that has 4 healthy years in a row, then you are doing great. Two is usually the max. This is a harsh business.

The biggest reason NJA SIC's are not leaving in droves is that a huge percentage of them went to NJA for two reasons: 1)No turbine PIC 2)Over age 60.....

I disagree with the first assumption... the majority of the SIC's I know (including myself) who are not over 60 are here because NetJets was the only company hiring pilots whenever we were furloughed from whatever particular airline job we came from.

Low turbine PIC time was the only reason I came to NJA. Seven years at a regional with a slow upgrade and another seven years into what was supposed to be a 18-24 month gig at NJA has me looking into just about anything at this point.

I disagree with the first assumption... the majority of the SIC's I know (including myself) who are not over 60 are here because NetJets was the only company hiring pilots whenever we were furloughed from whatever particular airline job we came from.

Bingo!

Every person I know that went there since around '05, went because the airline they were CAPTAINS at were soon to be downsizing or already had. Myself included. I was looking for a company I could make a career at that wasn't a regional.. Netjets was the only one hiring.. I liked working there, but I definitely didn't go because of the schedule, aircraft. or lack of quality flight time.... First year pay was a plus, but I knew full well that over the life of a career more $$ would be at a major.

I still predict that IF the legacies hire, many SIC's will be trying.. They may not get hired, but they will be trying. It's pretty tough to have any appreciable attrition when a legacy may hire 100 out of 7000 applicants. NJA lost 2 to AirAsia. That right there is a telling sign.

See above post.... Any captain at NJA that thinks being a career FO at NJA is a perfect fit has their head in the sand. Those two month upgrade stories never did impress me:D

Last edited:
I personally think NJA has a long way to go to be a great career not just for FO's. I know I'm going to take flak for that but that's the way I see it. I have talked to many other captains and many are really unhappy with the place. I don't enjoy it like I used to, it's just become a good job. That's what it is a good job but a career, no, never has been never will be.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back