Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets attrition prediction--hey that rhymes!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bottom line, being an SIC at NJA is not very lucrative, and a bit ridiculuous in the grand scheme of things. Let's see.. FO on an Ultra for 10 years at maybe $80K with no schedule OR !0 year FO on a MD-88, 737, or possibly 75/76 with an adjustable schedule, and more money... Easy decision....

No sched? 7 on 7 off seems pretty sched. to me. And you don't commute on your own time!

A buddy of mine at Delta just came off the narrow-body. 11 year FO. 90k last year.

No sched? 7 on 7 off seems pretty sched. to me. And you don't commute on your own time!

A buddy of mine at Delta just came off the narrow-body. 11 year FO. 90k last year.

What are your options if your kids birthday falls mid-tour... even if you know about it a year out... My point is that it is much easier to get the days off you need in the airline world. Through either PBS bidding or trip trading. Not to mention pt. 121 bidding allows you to play in say a Monday night golf league and not miss every other week.

Not sure about you, but I've done both. Airline scheduling is much more forgiving.

And SIC at year 10 at Netjets is $81,081.. What's your point?

What are your options if your kids birthday falls mid-tour... even if you know about it a year out... My point is that it is much easier to get the days off you need in the airline world. Through either PBS bidding or trip trading. Not to mention pt. 121 bidding allows you to play in say a Monday night golf league and not miss every other week.

Not sure about you, but I've done both. Airline scheduling is much more forgiving.

And SIC at year 10 at Netjets is $81,081.. What's your point?

Agreed. Plus the one thing to not forget is all of the non flying stuff you have to do to earn that $81,081

Constant monthly bids. Wading through the TSA every day at work. Jockeying for a jumpseat 8 to 10 times a month. Dealing with a crashpad. ALPA issues that never seem to stop...to name a few.

I'd say there is plenty of "non-flying stuff" at 121 too.

live in base, bid day trips...a real PBS system.

My wife does it and I am super jelous everytime I am packing for a seven day....ugh

I wish everyone would quit comparing the schedules! NJA is not nor will it ever be an airline. The fractionals are a seperate segment of the industry. First off having 3 different schedules is not efficent or practical but that's what the knuckleheads wanted and they got it. 7 and 7 does suck but it's the most efficient schedule for our operations. The idea of 18 or 15 days and the way they schedule it is assinine; there's no efficiency or cost saving measures. Everyone who wants to make it an airline needs to go back to the airlines! This idea of bidding a schedule is also assinine. If we're all on 7 & 7 what's the need for a bid other than picking a start day so you can position PTO's? The only bidding we need is for vacation and that should be quarterly not this once per year BS and then get knocked off your start date with the flush bid and screw up your plans! I personally would love a 5 & 5 but I don't see that happening. As for everything else they're just two different animals. One could always go to JB and still clean the back of the airplane! One has to make peace with where they're at. I didn't plan on NJA being a career but there could be worse. In reality the whole industry sucks!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back