NetJets - April interviewees Part 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
April interviewee

I interviewed April 22 - 24. I got a call on May 8th telling me that I got the job and a July 7 indoc date. Two days later Linda called to say someone cancelled on the June 16 class and I could start then if I wanted. I did of course. At that point I realized I was lucky to get the call so soon. Now I realize I was TREMENDOUSLY lucky considering the run around people have gotten since late April.

I am currently at Flight Safety for sim training. I had 10 days off between indoc and sims, however, some in my indoc class will have 6 weeks off in between and won't start sims until August. It seems as if the reason for the slow down may have be to let Flight Safety catch up a bit. There are only so many slots and they don't want people sitting around for months on end getting paid.

While I was in indoc Karen mentioned that they were having limited interviews in June and July. She said that they have just about reached capacity in hiring to fill all Flight Safety sim slots through 2008. She said they are waiting to see what the 2009 Flight Safety slots will look like before proceeding with interviews beyond July.

The frustrating thing about all of this is that it seems like they should be able to project all of the Flight Safety slots at least 12 months out. After all, isn't NetJets Flight Safety's #1 customer?

My point in all of this is that they are saying the backup is due to Flight Safety. It just seems very odd. And yes, I agree with each of you, this all seems INCREDIBLY unprofessional. Very disappointing and concerning.

My fingers are crossed for each of you. Hopefully next week will bring good news and things will start moving again.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO DERINDA? IS SHE STILL EMPLOYED BY NETJETS?

I looked up Derinda on the BB contact list and it appears her account has been deactivated. It looks like she is no longer with the company and that could be the cause of all of this confusion and chaos. Good luck to everyone waiting to get in!

Personally,

I think we are going to need a few more forums the only thing keeping my brain preoccupied these days is going back and forth between the forums to see who has gotten calls and letters and which ones are good and bad. Since I received the not so good one today I am on here even more. If we had something besides Flightinfo and APC.com I could stay even busier. I used to go to ExpressJetPilots.com but since my last day is in just a few days I have stopped. I got the announcement from them today that they have 718 to many pilots. That takes me from a captain to the bottom of the list. Amazing how life in the aviation industry can change with just one email...no matter who it is from.

I looked up Derinda on the BB contact list and it appears her account has been deactivated. It looks like she is no longer with the company and that could be the cause of all of this confusion and chaos. Good luck to everyone waiting to get in!

How do you figure? I put McKinstry in the To: field then hit enter and sure enough, Derinda McKinstry popped right up. I can also hit show address and it shows her email address. How can you tell she is deactivated?

How do you figure? I put McKinstry in the To: field then hit enter and sure enough, Derinda McKinstry popped right up. I can also hit show address and it shows her email address. How can you tell she is deactivated?

Just scroll down to the bottom of her contact info...it will show the account as disabled starting in June sometime and then enabled yesterday to allow access for someone else (I assume to get caught up on emails from applicants).

Amazing how life in the aviation industry can change with just one email...no matter who it is from.

I remember my "letter" man. The HR Dept at US was so spineless that they couldn't even say the word furlough in the letter. It read something like, "You employment has been affected." Chicken sheet.

No worries, life DOES go on. If the company isn't good enough to keep you employed, it ain't worth being at.

Move on.

I know, easier said than done. Just start by picking a direction and moving. The rest will follow.

I remember my "letter" man. The HR Dept at US was so spineless that they couldn't even say the word furlough in the letter. It read something like, "You employment has been affected." Chicken sheet.

No worries, life DOES go on. If the company isn't good enough to keep you employed, it ain't worth being at.

Move on.

I know, easier said than done. Just start by picking a direction and moving. The rest will follow.

Appreciate the pep talk...I agree. Just to clarify I received the email that says I am still in the running but they are comparing my results to the people they recently interviewed. 8 weeks ago I got the email from Derinda that says I would be given a job offer soon. I do not know what tot think.

I hear Derinda was out on 6/27 so I assume the email goes out with her.

unreal

its a shame. I really had high hopes that Netjets would be my last move for a long time...if not forever,even if that's being very optomistic for this day and age. I still haven't received any email other than Derinda's telling me I'm in and Rachel's telling me that the wheels are in motion. Maybe today will bring something different. Have mixed feelings at this point however.

I interviewed in late June, so I will be awaiting along with my group a little longer than those in the April/May timeframe.

While it appears there is some reorganization and some process integration going on at NJ, I am confident we will not be left in the dust.

I was certainly impressed with the NJ operation and the way my entire group was treated during the process. If you can imagine me saying that NJ actually does it better than SWA---I am telling the truth (and this is not taking anything away from the great SWA folk...NJ just raised the bar in their own arena).

NJ did their homework with my group....everyone of them should be offered the job. I think they did a good job selecting them-----though only one of them wore a gold tie:nuts:

I think NJ is experiencing some hiccups w/their process/demand-----much like the oil speculation/gas pump prices.

Hopefully our reasonable patience, good humor, a few coffees/beers/hard hydration will pay off.

Cheers to everyone that interviewed!!! We deserve a round!!!-----and a class date!

V

While I was in indoc Karen mentioned that they were having limited interviews in June and July. She said that they have just about reached capacity in hiring to fill all Flight Safety sim slots through 2008. She said they are waiting to see what the 2009 Flight Safety slots will look like before proceeding with interviews beyond July.

So.. She seemed to say that anybody who has been interviewed in or before July will occupied one of the known sim slots in 2008. If that is in fact the case, then it would explain the "continuing to evaluate your application" letter because essentially we are in the pool for those slots?! I hope.
Also, from another thread, it seems like the June interviewees have not gotten the same "evaluation" letters that we got (I interviewed in May). Perhaps we could say that we are further along in the process.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back