• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Application Pool?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All bets are off now guys. The way things worked in the past with class availability is, and forever will be, changed.

Reason #1 MONEY.

Reason #2 Differences in pay for PIC vs. SIC.

Several pilots (not blaming them at all!!) did not upgrade to PIC since they were SICs being paid PIC wages (per the current CBA). There simply was no advantage to it.

What happened then was a relative stagnancy in the larger fleets towards SICs being paid PIC wages but enjoying the lifestyle that the larger aircraft provided (F/A, APU, hot food, etc.). Again, who could blame them? Not me!

Now that there is a pay differential between PIC/SIC we will all see pilots do what pilots do... go for the extra jing.

F/O positions will open up aross the board.

Falcon 2000/EASy
X
G200
G400/450
G500/550
Maybe even the BBJ

I would expect to continue to see open F/O slots in virtually every aircraft NJA operates in hte next 6months to 1 yr as all of the SIC upgrade to capture PIC pay.

tbkane said:
I was offered an Ultra class, starting with indoc on the 7th. Don't know if there is a X class or what the 14th will be. Seniority is everything.

Grab it unless you want to commute from one of the NEW domiciles. It won't matter what you sit in if you get HBA and 7/7

D_G said:
How many DA-2EASYs are in the current fleet?

There are only 2 on line so far. I got a deadhead ride on one the other day, it is sweet! Lots of toys to play with on those long 7+hour legs. The next two are supposed to come in August.

flyfish said:
There are only 2 on line so far. I got a deadhead ride on one the other day, it is sweet! Lots of toys to play with on those long 7+hour legs. The next two are supposed to come in August.

Will all F2000 pilots be cross-trained on it or will you have distinct pilot groups like the Hawker 800XP and 800XP-C groups?

How many total DA-2EASYs expected?

Heavy Set said:
Will all F2000 pilots be cross-trained on it or will you have distinct pilot groups like the Hawker 800XP and 800XP-C groups?

The Easy is a seperate type isn't it?

Dart said:
What are the gateways....and can you get home base with seniority.

Gateways were the old system, they will be gone when the TA passes..... You must be hired before the TA passes Nov 21 to get Home basing.

Now that being said, the system the company is planning to use in this TA will fail inside of a year is my prediction, since people don't like to be told where to move or that the people that are willing to move are costing them a fortune in training costs, and then the geniuses in mangement will realize they need to open it back up to everyone again.....

Yes you can get Home basing with senority, but you would be wiser to 1. Wait for the current plan to fail. 2. Or get on and in the next contract we will get home basing for everyone on the senority list. Just my two cents. My bet is that this will open back up to everyone again. Citation Shares just up'ed the number of gateways to around 20 something, NJA will have to follow suit and offer home basing...

Heavy Set said:

Nop cross training whatsoever, treated as completely different fleets. 5 week ground school of which 4 is just avionics. They are even on a higher pay level (per the TA) than the 2000 classic. The same pay level as the G450/550. I guess due to more int'l flying. I understand close to 30 orders.

I have a friend that was talking to human resources at NJ and got turned down for an interview because he was not currently flying PIC. She told him to reapply in 5 months. He has 700hrs GII PIC, 3200hr TT and meets all the other mins, but is currently flying SIC on the erj. She told him that they were only currently hiring people flying PIC. Just wondering if any one else is having the same problem. This was on Mon. 10/24.

Latest resources

Back