• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

Netjets Application Pool?

KingDriver

Total Time
4000+
With this new TA that is on the horizon at Netjets, have they been able to attract more applicants or is the new domicile program keeping people away?

RJET

Total Time
MILLER
I have my application in already. The domicile would be the dead killer for me also if I was to get hired. I understand that there is an indoc class on the 7 and 14 of nov. Does anyone know if there is any ac classes that start before the 21st?
Thanks

tbkane

Total Time
You don't have to be in an AC class to make home basing, just indoc on the 7th or the 14th. I was luckly offered the 7th and will be able to be home based.

Guitar Guy

Charvel - San Dimas
Total Time
Enough
NetJets starts some new-hires in indoc, while other will start type training first. Either one places you on the seniority list at that time.

Dep676

My Glock is bigger!!!!!
Total Time
Enough
So if you get hired now you can airline from anywhere?

On Your Six

Total Time
tbkane said:
You don't have to be in an AC class to make home basing, just indoc on the 7th or the 14th. I was luckly offered the 7th and will be able to be home based.
Great job! What aircraft type to you get? I thought I read that it was either an Ultra or a X class...

Grizz

Too much free time
Total Time
c/15^4
Dep676 said:
So if you get hired now you can airline from anywhere?
Any airport that qualifies as an HBA. Search this forum for HBA and you'll see the criteria. Too tired to type it out again.

tbkane

Total Time
I was offered an Ultra class, starting with indoc on the 7th. Don't know if there is a X class or what the 14th will be. Seniority is everything.

Guitar Guy

Charvel - San Dimas
Total Time
Enough
tbkane said:
I was offered an Ultra class, starting with indoc on the 7th. Don't know if there is a X class or what the 14th will be. Seniority is everything.
With how NetJets assigns aircraft (which is partially driven by available sim slots at FSI), it's quite possible for any given indoc class to have pilots going to different fleets. My indoc class had people in the Falcon, X, 800XP, 400XP and Ultra. "Your mileage may vary".

FLYLOW22

Total Time
TT
All bets are off now guys. The way things worked in the past with class availability is, and forever will be, changed.

Reason #1 MONEY.

Reason #2 Differences in pay for PIC vs. SIC.

Several pilots (not blaming them at all!!) did not upgrade to PIC since they were SICs being paid PIC wages (per the current CBA). There simply was no advantage to it.

What happened then was a relative stagnancy in the larger fleets towards SICs being paid PIC wages but enjoying the lifestyle that the larger aircraft provided (F/A, APU, hot food, etc.). Again, who could blame them? Not me!

Now that there is a pay differential between PIC/SIC we will all see pilots do what pilots do... go for the extra jing.

F/O positions will open up aross the board.

Falcon 2000/EASy
X
G200
G400/450
G500/550
Maybe even the BBJ

I would expect to continue to see open F/O slots in virtually every aircraft NJA operates in hte next 6months to 1 yr as all of the SIC upgrade to capture PIC pay.

D_G

Total Time
How many DA-2EASYs are in the current fleet?

x402

Total Time
10000+
tbkane said:
Grab it unless you want to commute from one of the NEW domiciles. It won't matter what you sit in if you get HBA and 7/7

flyfish

Total Time
D_G said:
How many DA-2EASYs are in the current fleet?
There are only 2 on line so far. I got a deadhead ride on one the other day, it is sweet! Lots of toys to play with on those long 7+hour legs. The next two are supposed to come in August.

Heavy Set

Total Time
flyfish said:
There are only 2 on line so far. I got a deadhead ride on one the other day, it is sweet! Lots of toys to play with on those long 7+hour legs. The next two are supposed to come in August.
Will all F2000 pilots be cross-trained on it or will you have distinct pilot groups like the Hawker 800XP and 800XP-C groups?

How many total DA-2EASYs expected?

Dep676

My Glock is bigger!!!!!
Total Time
Enough
Heavy Set said:
Will all F2000 pilots be cross-trained on it or will you have distinct pilot groups like the Hawker 800XP and 800XP-C groups?

The Easy is a seperate type isn't it?

Dart

Total Time
Plenty
What are the gateways....and can you get home base with seniority.

RNObased

Total Time
Dart said:
What are the gateways....and can you get home base with seniority.
Gateways were the old system, they will be gone when the TA passes..... You must be hired before the TA passes Nov 21 to get Home basing.

Now that being said, the system the company is planning to use in this TA will fail inside of a year is my prediction, since people don't like to be told where to move or that the people that are willing to move are costing them a fortune in training costs, and then the geniuses in mangement will realize they need to open it back up to everyone again.....

Yes you can get Home basing with senority, but you would be wiser to 1. Wait for the current plan to fail. 2. Or get on and in the next contract we will get home basing for everyone on the senority list. Just my two cents. My bet is that this will open back up to everyone again. Citation Shares just up'ed the number of gateways to around 20 something, NJA will have to follow suit and offer home basing...

flyfish

Total Time
Heavy Set said:

Nop cross training whatsoever, treated as completely different fleets. 5 week ground school of which 4 is just avionics. They are even on a higher pay level (per the TA) than the 2000 classic. The same pay level as the G450/550. I guess due to more int'l flying. I understand close to 30 orders.

lkmlo

Total Time
I have a friend that was talking to human resources at NJ and got turned down for an interview because he was not currently flying PIC. She told him to reapply in 5 months. He has 700hrs GII PIC, 3200hr TT and meets all the other mins, but is currently flying SIC on the erj. She told him that they were only currently hiring people flying PIC. Just wondering if any one else is having the same problem. This was on Mon. 10/24.