Netjets Ain Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G4dude said:
the following is from asap's web page....

"When NJA pilot salaries are compared to the annual salary survey conducted by the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA), NJA pilots currently earn an average of 50% base salary of other pilots in the United States who fly similar jet aircraft. Under the contract proposal, NJA pilots would have earned only an average of 55% of what other, less productive pilots earn operating the same equipment for other companies. "

first we are your peers, when it's in your best interests... now we're the enemy... first class people, first class...

Ah, but you are "less productive". Haven't you heard?...ASAP statements are the new barometer by which any corporation measures it's own employee-pilots' "productivity". They must be the experts, or wouldn't be able to draw that conclusion to make the comparison. No doubt, ASAP's leadership has a wealth of experience in estimating such value within large companies, and in corporate aviation itself.

("Gee guys, we fly WAY more than those guys, therefore we're more...um...productive! Just like they gauge it in the airlines")

Of course, although they've convinced themselves and the faithful of this, it remains to be seen if they can convince the ones that actually matter. I surely hope they're not pinning their future on pointing at "NBAA averages" while citing the "flying similar aircraft" thing. He!!, that doesn't even work in the airline industry anymore between airlines in the same industry, let alone trying to connect a dot between for-revenue fracs and corporate flight departments.

But why they want to annoy or make enemies out of other pilot groups?.....who knows. Maybe it's because we're less productive.

Last edited:
h25b said:
"...Maybe it's because we're less productive...."

We don't fly Don Imus either... :rolleyes: :D

...exactly, because if HE doesn't put the "Important" in V.I.P., then i just don't know who does.

Right on

Publishers said:
Again, any connection between NBAA pilots and pilots at Netjets is like comparing Netjet pilots to Airnet pilots. NBAA pilots are corporate pilots who have a whole different scope of work (for you union guys) than Netjets pilots.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too. They work and are available all the time, you X on and X off. They do their flight plans, and, everything else and you do not.

You need to quit trying to act like commercial pilots and put up a plan that deals with you as you and not something you are not. You want a fixed schedule, others to do the planning etc, you want to base where you want to, you want your work rules, then know they come at a price that the NBAA pilot does not have.

Determine what is important to you, QOL or money. Do not be pointing at NBAA and saying we want these rules too.

Right on Pubs.

More threats out there, more thuggery, more scab talk. More hatred from the NJA boyz. Its disgusting.

We all want to see your numbers improve, but STOP the threats. They hurt your case, brothas and sistas.

See the light.

Dont be a Pus Filled Sack!

Last edited:
The Plot Thickens...

:rolleyes: It seems the ASAP folks are getting more creative and have edited their claims in comparing themselves to "other" pilots... Now check out what they are claiming... Pay special attention to the bold. They've added "less safe" and "less trained" ... Where in the heck are they getting this from ???

NetJets Pilots work essentially for wages far below market average, often 50% or more below that value. When NJA pilot salaries are compared to the annual salary survey conducted by the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA), NJA pilots currently earn a base salary that is an average of 50% of the base salary of other pilots in the United States who fly similar jet aircraft. Under the failed contract proposal, NJA Pilots would have earned only an average of 55% of what other, less productive, less safe, less trained pilots earn in operating the same equipment for other companies.

Gotta go out now and wreck something. :D

Last edited:
h25b, Look at NJA ads and you will see that NJA states that we are the best and the most highly trained pilots in aviation. It's the company that puts out this information not ASAP.

Some Dude said:
h25b, Look at NJA ads and you will see that NJA states that we are the best and the most highly trained pilots in aviation. It's the company that puts out this information not ASAP.

And the rest of us "less safe" and "less trained" pilots stand in awe of your "best and most highly trained-edness".....in all of aviation, I might add. I tell ya, those ASAP guys are geniuses, displaying once again their knowledge of business aviation.

Sorry Floks, If I may borrow a quote, "You cant SH!t where you sleep."

I support anyone who thinks they can get better QOL with thier current employer. Myself and other pilots within our compnay have gone repeatedly to our employer for better Pay, benies, and time off. And we get the same answer. "Sure I can do that, but I don't know how long the doors will be open."

So you have to ask yourself what do you want. We all know you can't have your cake and eat it too.

now if NJA strikes.

I AM NOT, NOR WILL I EVER BE A SCAB.

I work for a management/135 operator. I have done NJA trips. So yes they do sub business off to us. but wait a minute.

NJA DOES NOT SIGN MY PAY CHECK.
NJA DOES NOT CARE IF/WHEN I TAKE MY FAMILY ON VACATION.
NJA DOES NOT ARRANGE MY HOTEL, RENTAL CARS, AND HOTELS.
NJA DOES NOT GIVE ME AN UGLY, FU*^%$G UGLY TIE.
NJA DOES NOT GIVE ME ANY OPTIONS FOR UPGRADES TO YOUR AIRCRAFT.

Exactaly when/will I cross the picket line if my owner sends his aircraft and crew to fly NJA owner. Last time I checked that was the defination of FAR 135.

I hope you are starting to look for a location to stick that Scab list. I would love to read more of you slander latten comments, but your company (NJA) just called and I have to pick up your slack.

GB

p.s. our owners treat us with respect. yours will too......if you grow up!

Catyak or whatever your title is. What part of NJA ads do you not understand? ASAP is only repeating what the ads state. It is the belief of NJA that we are the best. Of course their are corporate pilots that are great. ASAP is only using the companies own statements to better our position.

Some Dude said:

I guess it's good that you take your company's word on at least this topic... :rolleyes:

If management says so it must be true... ??? ...I'm starting to get confused ...:D

I'm still trying to find out where the "less safe" came from. Does this mean you'll use management's tag-lines even if it's B.S. ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back