Netjets Ain Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ultrarunner said:
No, a scab would be someone that is hired by NJ, crosses the picket line, and begins flying the NJ aircraft that are parked due to the strike.

I hope that clears it up for you.

actually, that's not totally correct. yes, flying a netjets a/c (including ejm, nji, njla if they fly any netjets trips) would put you on a scab list. also, any flying done by subcontractors, those pilots will also be put on the scab list.

bizjet737 said:
also, any flying done by subcontractors, those pilots will also be put on the scab list.

I doubt it... At least if you're referring to the outfits doing "sell-offs"...

h25b said:
I doubt it... At least if you're referring to the outfits doing "sell-offs"...

I agree. That would be like saying American Airlines' pilots are scabs when Untited is on strike and American honors United's pax tickets.

Ace

Ace-of-the-Base said:
I agree. That would be like saying American Airlines' pilots are scabs when Untited is on strike and American honors United's pax tickets.

Ace

Deleted-a bit of gray area

Last edited:
Don't be fooled...

Anyone operating a Netjets flight while the pilots are striking is considered crossing the picket line and will be considered a scab. It has been that way in the past and this would be no different. No it is not like going to a different carrier and them being scabs, I don't even see how you can compare your United and American scenario. That would apply if we were trying to call Options or Flex pilots scabs for operating while we strike, which we obviously aren't. We are talking about other pilots working for the company while we are in a stoppage, yes a sub-contractor would fall into this category.

Yes they will be considered scabs and placed on the scablist. No problem if the end of the line for you is flying at a 135 charter operation.

niteflyr said:
Anyone operating a Netjets flight while the pilots are striking is considered crossing the picket line and will be considered a scab. It has been that way in the past and this would be no different. No it is not like going to a different carrier and them being scabs, I don't even see how you can compare your United and American scenario. That would apply if we were trying to call Options or Flex pilots scabs for operating while we strike, which we obviously aren't. We are talking about other pilots working for the company while we are in a stoppage, yes a sub-contractor would fall into this category.

Whatever dude, go ahead and see it that way if you want. Our corporate a/c are on a charter certificate and we do work for Options, NetJets, and Citation Shares. I doubt VERY seriously that will change. You guys are AND SHOULD be grieving this, but to hold people like us accountable would be a HUGE mistake. There's no doubt that YOUR company is screwing with you on this one. But other people shouldn't AND WON'T be held accountable for the weaknesses of your situation.

The NetJets pilots better stop flooding corporate operations with resumes because that black-balling can AND will cut both ways. I just wouldn't recommend burning bridges when the time comes.

Remember who your friends are in this business. Doesn't matter anyway, NOT going to happen.

Last edited:
El Chupacabra said:
Yes they will be considered scabs and placed on the scablist. No problem if the end of the line for you is flying at a 135 charter operation.

Who's scab list? NetJets? So these scabs won't be able to be hired by NJA in the future? Doubt ALPA airlines would recognize the list. It was a fear tactic in the 70s and 80s. Not much teeth in today's economy. Tell Santulli he can't use these scabs for sell offs in the future. right.

Last edited:
El Chupacabra said:

Those in glass houses... :rolleyes:

I sure wouldn't want to count on making a career out of NetJets at this point (talk about a bad "end of the line"). By the way, our pilots make about twice what your crews do on the same equipment. I will gladly volunteer to be banned from working at NetJets. Where can I sign up for this?

Last edited:
Yes the ALPA scablist. Arrangements have already been made. Two former UAL MEC members (who submitted the names of the 1985 UAL scabs) now fly with us. Those that cross will make the list. We are direct communications with Judus Iscariot ... maintainer of the master scablist.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back