Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dave,

Don't delete your post dude. It was a good one :) I agree with ya,

In fact, I bet ya that all 135/91 pilots agree with you :)

FD

When United, Continental, Eastern, and a few others, had their strikes in the past, I don't think a single pilot for another airline hesitated to walk right past the picket lines on their way to work. And, they were union members. At least they probably made comments like, "hang in there".
How many pt. 91 pilots do you think will honor a frac picket line?

Forget about this crap man. All I want is too be is the next bachelor on "the bachelor" ;)

the following is from asap's web page....

"When NJA pilot salaries are compared to the annual salary survey conducted by the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA), NJA pilots currently earn an average of 50% base salary of other pilots in the United States who fly similar jet aircraft. Under the contract proposal, NJA pilots would have earned only an average of 55% of what other, less productive pilots earn operating the same equipment for other companies. "

Well, the "less productive pilots" part just highlights the broad-based ignorance of corporate aviation that resides within the NetJets pilot ranks. How many corporate pilots get 1/3 to 1/2 a month in "hard" days off? How many live somewhere where they aren't based, and commute on company time at company expense? The list goes on. Far from being "more productive", the frac scheme requires hiring an additional 2 to 3 pilots per airplane to sufficiently crew it. A company operating their own flight department buys a he!! of a lot more from a pilot even just in terms of availablity than what a JetJets pilot produces.

The irony of course is that NBAA average salaries ASAP is comparing itself to are derived from non-union wages at operations, which for the most part (Part 91, anyway), are not engaged in revenue-flying like they are.

This scab talk is hilarious, revealing more ignorance of the world they are comparing themselves to. Like it or not, NetJets sales tactics in the past and the willingness for its oblivious, low-wage crews to poach corporate customers generated a lot of animosity from the Part 91 world. By many, you were considered as close to scabs as you can get in the non-unionized environment of corporate aviation. That's died down quite a bit, but if it's started up again because your union wants to try and throw it's weight around with a "scab list" into operations that aren't their own and pilots who never drank your low-wage Kool-aid, you can only lose. The NBAA list is large, and outside of you, that's where most of the good jobs are. Why turn them into enemies?

People remember this stuff, and if you do plan to move on to another job you might as well have two sets of resume's.....an "airline" resume with your NetJets experience on it, and a "corporate" resume where you omit it completely and pretend you were working at 7-11 instead during that time. As was mentioned by someone else, I can hear the sound of NetJet pilots' resumes hitting a lot of circular files too if you go through with it. More than anything, a corporate flight department hires attitudes.

netjetwife said:
With all due respect, gentlemen, they DO have until June 24th to work things out. There is also the matter of the strike vote, that has yet to be taken. A high percentage of yes votes may convince the company that the pilots are standing firm in their JUSTIFIED demands. Seems to me that a "cooling off" period also has to happen first. Aren't you getting just a bit ahead of yourselves? :)
With all due respect to you NJW, WE (the gentlemen) did not start this. The scab question was asked by Hugh Johnson. Numerous NJA types (Bizjet737, El Chupacabra, etc) responded in the affirmative.
I agree there is much to be worked out and June 24th is a couple months away but a valid question was asked and if you re-read the responses you'll see that it was the NJA types that came off with a bit of hostility. Seems to me that they are in need of a little "cooling off" period when it comes to this discussion, and that they (NJA pilots) have gotten a bit ahead of themselves, throwing out threats of a scab list without the formal and official stance of their MEC.
Again I'll say, we (most 91/135 pilots) support you at ASAP as best we can. If you negotiate a fair and equitable contract it will have an indirectly positive affect across all of business aviation IMO. But to even insinuate that we will be "listed" if we continue to work for OUR EMPLOYER's during a possible NJA work stoppage is ludicrous and will do nothing but create animosity amongst the pilot bretheren.

Main Entry: scab
Function: noun
1 : a worker who refuses to join a labor union
2 : a union member who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended
3 : a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike : [size=-1]STRIKE BREAKER[/size]
4 : one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms

Main Entry: strike·break·er
Pronunciation: 'strIk-"brA-k&r
: an individual hired to replace a striking worker

Last edited:
CL60 said:
Main Entry: scab
1 : a worker who refuses to join a labor union
2 : a union member who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended
3 : a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike : [size=-1]STRIKE BREAKER[/size]
4 : one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms

Main Entry: strike·break·er
Pronunciation: 'strIk-"brA-k&r
: an individual hired to replace a striking worker

Thanks for the clarification. This obviously proves my point... But allow me to break it down (ONE MORE TIME)...

1. Never refused to join labor union. (we don't have one, AND DON'T NEED ONE)

2. Not a union member, so this one doesn't apply.

3. I was NOT hired to replace a striking worker either.

4. Are lowest paid guy makes almost 3 times first year NetJets' F.O. Pay.

Sounds like these guy's are full of it to me... Sorry, I'm now out of this fight and it's pay-day..

Last edited:
Rice, you are assuming that I was making a distinction between the NJ pilots and those from other companies. I was not. My post was addressed to the entire group. In another post on the subject, I pointed out that the SU MEC, speaks for Local 1108 and I respectfully suggested that we hold off on this discussion until we receive their guidance in this matter. Griz, finally...:) waded in and expounded (on what I had been trying to say) with a calm, balanced look at things. I applauded him on making an excellent post.

I firmly believe there is strength in numbers, and would like too see QOL improvements made for ALL pilots/families in the industry. A unified effort across the (industry) board :) has the most chance for success. Hopefully, there is a way to achieve these results without undue risk to any pilot/family. I don't have the answers to complicated questions raised here. But I can tell you that SU is made up of caring leaders that don't make rash decisions. Good luck to all, NJW

I'm sure Warren is asking himself why he got into this aspect of the aviation business. And it wouldn't surprise me one bit for him to flip that whole entire outift and let it be someone elses problem.

He stayed away from aviation for quite sometime, and it's fair to say he can't be too happy with how that division could turn out.

However, he's got folks tons smarter than me advising him. So maybe they are telling him that his investmemt in NJ is one of his best ever.....

yeah, that's it.

Latest resources

Back