• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets 2nd Qtr Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You've never solved a Rubic's Cube, have you?

I have waited SO LONG for a Rubik's Cube reference!!!

Here it is! It's here!!! God! Since the '80s!!

Okay, I made this video today just for ya'll...Enjoy! Me and the cube in under 3 minutes. And I only spent 4.5 hours making the fricken video and uploading it and dealing with copyright issues and audio swapping to get legal and...never mind.

Watch the video. I've waited 20 plus years for this particular skill to be relevant...

GlassPilot and the Rubiks Cube:

Click Here to View

Glass,

It's good to have a hobby.

Fischman

GlassPilot and the Rubiks Cube:

Click Here to View
I have always said that at the interview to hire Schedulers for the fracs .. they ought to just get a class of about 30 people and toss them all a Rubik's Cube. That ought to be the test.

Then stage 2. To the survivors of the first Rubik's cube ... toss out cubes that have the colors change on individual squares every 10 minutes. then see who can keep re-solving the puzzle for an 8 hour shift. :laugh:

Truth be told the sign in the potato is the best bit. I needed a way to show it was me and not some "grabbed" video off the web. A little sign in a potato fit the bill!

You're right, that's what makes it.

You bring your harmonica and I'll bring my tuba.

GF -- I have toured Columbus twice and spoken with schedulers both times. Your analogy about solving Rubic's cube, and changing the colors oten is a perfect analogy. Now make make the cube 30x30x30 instead of 3x3x3 and you can see why maximunm efficiency can never be achieved.

For all of the doubters, charter is not the other option. WIth the $$ I send to Columbus each year, if I get 2-3 others, we can have a reat plane, complete (and safe) control over our flight department, and have 25 hrs per year supplemental lift form NJ. That is my alternative, and I donot need to charter out.

GF -- I have toured Columbus twice and spoken with schedulers both times. Your analogy about solving Rubic's cube, and changing the colors oten is a perfect analogy. Now make make the cube 30x30x30 instead of 3x3x3 and you can see why maximunm efficiency can never be achieved.

For all of the doubters, charter is not the other option. WIth the $$ I send to Columbus each year, if I get 2-3 others, we can have a reat plane, complete (and safe) control over our flight department, and have 25 hrs per year supplemental lift form NJ. That is my alternative, and I donot need to charter out.

Yeah, but what plane will you buy? What do you do when it's down for maint? What do you do when all 3 of you want to use it at the same time? What do you do when you show up to leave and the pilot is fatigued or sick? What do you do when you need a bigger plane? How do you ensure safe control over your flight dept?

Latest resources

Back