• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets 2nd Qtr Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have always said that at the interview to hire Schedulers for the fracs .. they ought to just get a class of about 30 people and toss them all a Rubik's Cube. That ought to be the test.

Then stage 2. To the survivors of the first Rubik's cube ... toss out cubes that have the colors change on individual squares every 10 minutes. then see who can keep re-solving the puzzle for an 8 hour shift. :laugh:

I would just peel off all the stickers (they remove fairly easily) and put them back as appropriate. Think smarter, not harder.

Yeah, and how do you know your pilots are up to snuff? I mean short of having them solve a Rubiks Cube in under 3 minutes how do you know?

Yeah, and how do you know your pilots are up to snuff? I mean short of having them solve a Rubiks Cube in under 3 minutes how do you know?

I am pretty sure he can hire furloughed pilots that already are typed in the type airplane he chooses. Already experienced in the type of flying we do.

And if they call in fatigued then you can fire that guy and find someone who will do the trips:laugh:.....But how often would a guy be fatigued? It's not like NJAOwner would be doing 4-5 legs or back to back transcons in a day. Thats where NJA guys get the fatigue calls going.

From my small outfit days. It's usually a nice cushy 2 hr flight to Fl. stay the weekend or do the dreaded back to back "hebrew highway" empty and be home for supper. Pretty easy.

Only downfall to non-union single airplane work like that is a complete lack of a schedule. I appreciate a nice cushy job as much as the next guy, but always hated being at the whim of a single owner or group of owners. Atleast at NJA we have/had a set in stone scheduled amount of days off. Never bothered me what went on during my work days. Expected a 12 hr day, anything less was a bonus.

Yeah, but what plane will you buy? What do you do when it's down for maint? What do you do when all 3 of you want to use it at the same time? What do you do when you show up to leave and the pilot is fatigued or sick? What do you do when you need a bigger plane? How do you ensure safe control over your flight dept?

Did you forget the 25 hours for supplemental lift part?

Its obvious that NJAOwner knows what he is talking about.

Customers have options. CMH needs to get to work on customer service.

His point inferred that any charter operator was inferior to NetJets when it came to safety. Dumping on all charter operators who support NetJet's business isn't very bright.

I do not disagree with your comments as they further the point that their are many good charter providers out there and employ excellent crewmembers. The fact is that most of the a/c are owned by companies (not the charter company) who hand picked their crewmembers who are also flying the charter trips.

Picking on a bad operators is fine, but the point was that all charter operators are bad.

Is there something you would care to say about your company safety culture? Please do.

Like watching two drunks argue in a trailer park

From Betty Liu Interview with David Sokol-
Like watching two drunks argue in a trailer park

"To suggest that I am "a little weary" of the Netjets temper tantrums is an understatement. As someone with no interest on either side, the personal attacks from current and former employees has made only one impression: I never, ever, want to use their product.

Ms. Schroder, you are making a valiant effort to put some order to this but let me add a comment from the outside: shut them down. We do not care. Netjets is a tiny business in Berkshire. It could disappear tomorrow and the world (and Berkshire) would not notice.

You do make an interesting point about what this says about Mr. Buffett's management. Please make that the blog thread and bury these ranters."

I am pretty sure he can hire furloughed pilots that already are typed in the type airplane he chooses. Already experienced in the type of flying we do.

Type ratings are only good for a certain period of time. They are not something that you can use forever. I can't remember the exact time but I want to say its some where around 36 months. Its in the FAR's.

At some point if you haven't flown you actually have to go back and re do a complete initial training course if you want to be a pic in that type of aircraft again.

Type ratings are only good for a certain period of time. They are not something that you can use forever. I can't remember the exact time but I want to say its some where around 36 months. Its in the FAR's.

At some point if you haven't flown you actually have to go back and re do a complete initial training course if you want to be a pic in that type of aircraft again.

Huh? I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm pretty sure a type rating doesn't "expire". I know my instrument rating doesn't expire, I just have to keep it current.

Latest resources

Back