Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

been-there

Reliable sources say:

Hiring at Netjets which was initially expected to be 200 pilots this year will increase to 1000 pilots. The news coming out of Wahington indicates a war with Iraq as soon as next week with a new government in place by March. This will ease most fears in the USA and the economy will flourish. Jet orders which were initially 60 airframes for the year has trippled.

New construction will begin early in the 2nd quarter on an add on to the Bridgeway facility across the street.

Upper upper management believe a contract to be ratified by April with a huge windfall going to the pilots. This can already be seen with huge cost-cutting programs in place to pay for the pilot contract.

Work on the SSBJ or super-sonic business jet is picking up steam and should be in service by 2010.

Boys and Girls get those resume's in because once is all said and done NetJets will be the best thing going!

I hope so

Best of luck to you all at Net Jets. My bet is that Net will get the bulk of business from here on in. Other companies will be gobbled up by the big monster.

Companies like Citation Shares don't stand a chance. Flops either.

Turbine

HUGE COST CUTTING PROGRAM IN PLACE TO PAY FOR PILOT CONTRACT, EH?

You do have an interesting view of the world.

This is the most optimistic thread I've ever read. I was just reading another that said "official" word is no more hiring until further notice. Wonder who is right? "Reliable" or "Official".

The power of positive thinking. If NetJets is cutting cost to pay for the pilot contract, just what will the pilots do without once the new pay scale is in place. Surly, you do not thing a new pay scale will come without the loss of something else you really liked.

Last I heard Net Jets had held delievery of new aircraft for 90 days and slowed or temporarily stopped hiring.......gotta love the rumors!!!!! Whats the scoop? :confused:

Otter,

Im just a newbie with the company, "6months". So I dont have the higher up contacts that alot of the fellas do. From what I have heard on the road the larger cabin aircraft have been halted for 90 but the smaller cabins are still coming in. The hiring figures Ive heard are for 200. This thread puts it at alot more but another thread I just read said halted totally. To put it simply, I dont know...:)
I really hope the reliable sources are correct.

Last edited:
been-there said:
Upper upper management believe a contract to be ratified by April with a huge windfall going to the pilots. This can already be seen with huge cost-cutting programs in place to pay for the pilot contract.

Not that I don't think the NJA pilots deserves a decent sized raise... but... let me ask you this....

Why should NJA increase the pilot pay by some huge amount? This when there are thousands of pilots available to work who are unemployed? Where are NJA pilots going to go if they don't get their huge raise? UAL??? AA??? DAL??? NWA??? I don't think so.... unfortunately in times like this the company has you guys by the short and curlys... You have no where to run off to....

The power of positive thinking... :rolleyes:

It would be better if the deliveries remain on time, while I am not looking to go to EJA/EJI they tend to act as a fairly good market indicator.

Thanks for sharing the intel though!!!!

I even work for NJA and i think the above is a little flame bait and a little too optomistic. I enjoy steady growth not explosion growth.

Falcon Capt-

While I enjoy reading your posts I think your pretty far off the mark when it comes to our pay. Sure there might be thousands of pilots on the streets but that doesn't help the company. Sure it puts a cloud over negotiations but it doesn't really mean much.

The company has 5 year contracts with the owners. There are over 1900 pilots right now. Yes we are about 150 fat so they could get rid of 150 and it wouldn't affect service. After that though the company operates on high utilization of the pilots.

Owners still require flights to be flown and they can hold the company to this because of their contract. Selling off flights are not a long term option. Some owners won't even accept anything less than a QS tail number.

It takes about 6 months for a pilot to go through indoc to end up on the line after IOE. That's just as an FO. The company has learned their lesson with the new hire PIC's.

We might not have anywhere to run off to but the company has no where to turn to. I guess you could say we have each other by the short curly ones.

Latest resources

Back