Net vs Flex?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyby1206

Trying to make a list of differences between the two and pros/cons for each. Flex seems to be a smaller group and perhaps more growth potential, but Net is more established and seems to be a good stable place for a career. Also, does Flex have a union? Any thoughts? Thanks

If you live within close proximity of any of the 5 domiciles NetJets offers I would go to NetJets.....If you have to drive any real distance in order to report to a NetJets Domicile, I'd pass......

Since Flex only hires people in the DFW area and NetJets offers DAL as a Domicile....I'd choose NetJets. If you live in the Dallas area......

I was fortunate enough to have the duty of making this same decision a few months ago. In the end it was Netjets hands down. If you can interview at both it will really help you to see that the list of pros for NJA ends up being quite long, as does the con list for Flexjet! Another member of this board, J31Flyer made this same decision I did about a month behind me. He echoed my exact same thoughts on the matter and we didn't know each other prior. Don't limit your options by thinking Flexjet has more growth potential over NetJets, quite the opposite is the case from what I found in my research. Best of luck to you.

Would you rather be no. 400 in a company that is growing nicely and has a pretty good relationship with its employees and is profitable OR no. 2500 in a company that will slow its growth (to catch up) has a marginal relationship with its employees and is not profitable????

DO-82,

I dont know where you got your info from but it is wrong. At Flex you can live anywhere, the gateways are EWR,DFW,ONT and FLL. You must be within 90 minutes of a gateway at 0001 your first day. You pick your gateway. No we are not union, but the drive has started. Upgrades for now are under 2 years. Like tk85 said, see what both have to say and if they both offer a job then decide.

Vixin...what ytou stated in one post could not be derived in 20 attempts...thanks for clearing that up...It will help many people out there....

The CL30 is a great ride better than anything else I have ever seen. There is no union at Flex Jet (THANK GOD FOR THAT) You can live anywhere but as stated need to be within 90 min of gateway airport. They pay for moving, does net jets do that? And yes we got our pay raise on the first.

You can live anywhere at Netjets and you don't even need to be within 90 miles at midnite...Just show at showtime! Plus, 2 year upgrade? I have a couple of close friends who've been there for almost 3 years and are FO's and are looking to come to NJA. The non profitable thing is debateable, but i wont' get into that. There is a lot of shuffling of funds around this Huge company, and the growth is WAY behind so number 2500 will be looking good in a couple of years. They will continue to hire like crazy for at least a few years. Planes are sitting on the ramp because they can't get pilots hired fast enough to fly them.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back