Net vs Flex?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GCAP said:
Would you rather be no. 400 in a company that is growing nicely and has a pretty good relationship with its employees and is profitable OR no. 2500 in a company that will slow its growth (to catch up) has a marginal relationship with its employees and is not profitable????

Hmmm....by year's end NetJets will hire more pilots than comprise the entire seniority list at Flex. I've been there 3 1/2 years and I have 800+ pilots below me in seniority. By years end, it will be over 1000. Had I been at Flex, I might have gotten 40-50 pilots below me by now.

Good point GCAP - I see how Flex would be much better.

Last edited:
Yeah something like that, but you would be a captain.

Look to where you think you would be within each company 5 years down the road. I recommend applying everywhere because you do not have a decision to make until you get an offer of employment. Good luck.

BombJet45 said:
Yeah something like that, but you would be a captain.

I have a feeling that if Griz was at Flex he would not be employed anymore.
Griz, this is NOT a dig, just me trying to get across the fact that the Union at NJA is a great asset for a pilot. Hope I did not speak out of turn.

Fozzy,

You're exactly correct.

For everyone else -

What Fozzy was referring to was that I was badly injured on the job. I was unable to work for just over 2 years while I had 2 rounds of back surgery including a fusion of three vertebrae. With my back injury and without union protection, I would have been out looking for another job once my worker's comp released me back to work.

Grizz said:
Fozzy,

You're exactly correct.

For everyone else -

What Fozzy was referring to was that I was badly injured on the job. I was unable to work for just over 2 years while I had 2 rounds of back surgery including a fusion of three vertebrae. With my back injury and without union protection, I would have been out looking for another job once my worker's comp released me back to work.

Sorry to hear that (although good that you had the union protection). I am sure those 5-6 hour transcon flights on the Citation X every other day probably don't help the back situation either...

Glad to hear you made it back to work after a fusion Grizz. Believe me, I have learned more about spinal anatomy and treatment then I ever wanted to know and flying after a fusion is nothing short of a miracle.

That said, I don't think you have to have a union to keep your job after a medical problem like yours. Just a good company. We have had several pilots and flight attendants off the line for as long as two years with conditions including cancer, a liver transplant, and on-the-job injuries that returned to work with no loss of position, salary, or benefits. No one on our side of the house has ever lost their job because of a treatable medical condition or a worker's comp claim.

On Your Six said:
Sorry to hear that (although good that you had the union protection). I am sure those 5-6 hour transcon flights on the Citation X every other day probably don't help the back situation either...

Six,

As you can imagine, I'm trying to bid out of the airplane for that very reason.

Griz.....10 Captain position announced today for the XL. Come on over and join the NetJets Weight Loss Program.

Richard Simmons has "Dancing to the Oldies"

RTS has "Flying for the Money"

Both programs will have you sweating at the end of the day.

Problem is that there were also 11 X slots announced today. They close before everything except the Falcon and G-200. Since I'm required to keep the X on my standing bid in order to keep bypass pay, I'm seeing 2 more years of uncomfortable seat time in my future.

And yes, I strongly toyed with the idea of dropping the X from my standing bid last night - but I just couldn't roll the dice that hard.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back