• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Net Jets to Furlough 500...??? Right...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll let BeeDubya handle the implications of that scenario......

.... A pilot that age would be CONSIDERING RETIREMENT ANYWAY and this is a great way to pull the plug on their career while benefiting themselves AND those pilots junior to them. This program is good for the company AND good for the pilots. And their families, too. It's a generous but cost-effective (read win-win) option that will quite nicely ease a couple's transition to retirement or provide a good jump start to a second career. I totally agree that it makes a great ending to a career that involved a difficult lifestyle and cost lots of family time.

..... But I must say that the NJASAP leadership has exhibited remarkable pragmatism, flexibility, and cooperation with the company in dealing with the market conditions. NJASAP AIN'T the UAW, the Teamsters, or any other old-school, intransigent, angry union.

Absolutely! Just as IBB was a joint project, pilot input has, again, been instrumental in creating another win-win scenario. So much so that it has been adapted for every employee group at NetJets. From shared research notes to communication plans, NJASAP has pitched in to help.

NJASAP leaders aren't just a credit to the NJA/I pilots; they are role models for all NJ employees, and as such, deserve lots of kudos and recognition for helping to produce (brainstorm and broadcast) the Joint Preventive Measures that are setting a new standard for the industry. NJW

One more BTW: new reports from NJI management indicate the "early out" option has been more popular than expected and they actually might not be able to accomodate all the requests.

I had dinner with a friend of mine who's an 8-year guy on the XL and he has put in for the early out. His concern is that he might not be senior enough to get the deal.

I truly hope that he gets the early out and I also hope that the popularity of that deal and the other preventative measures stop any furloughs from occurring.

I'm pretty sure all the pilots who ask for early out will get it. Some just may have to wait quite a while before they are allowed to go. The company sorely needs less pilots, but they also need to process the exodus in an orderly fashion. My guess is that there will be some captain and FO bids coming out once the bidding is done for the early outs and the 3 year LOAs. I'm definitely NOT predicting any new captain upgrades, just an orderly reshuffling to get the fleets staffed as needed.

I'm definitely NOT predicting any new captain upgrades, just an orderly reshuffling to get the fleets staffed as needed.

That sounds about right. I would imagine the company may also stagger the dates of the early-out options to allow any possible training time to fill fleets that may suffer the most from any exodus.

That would be my guess as well.

Management is being very tight-lipped about exactly how many or who. They have made reference to legal limitations on naming names. It would be kind of nice to be able to bid happy trails......

It would mean a lot, I'm sure, for the NJI pilots leaving to receive the well wishes of their peers. Perhaps they will voluntarily post their decision on the now-open NJI message board section of the NJASAP website.

That sounds about right. I would imagine the company may also stagger the dates of the early-out options to allow any possible training time to fill fleets that may suffer the most from any exodus.

I would be willing to bet that you will see displacements off of the ultra and 800xph before you see open bids. That would allow the company to get away with one type rating to fill a vacancy. Opening things up to the entire pilot group to reshuffle things might create a lot more training cycles.

Latest resources

Back