• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Net Jets Gateway Cities

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who is we? Though others may have the same opinion, I am sharing the perspective from my family. HBA's for all would be solid progress. If the pilots could get everything they wanted from the company that would surely be at the top of the list. Unfortunately, that doesn't appear possible. We screwed up the first time around In 2005 I tried to get my husband to vote no because of the domicile system and the low FO pay. He tells me the company quit negotiating when they invoked the legally binding "best and final offer" phrase so that forced the vote. now is a chance to either get it right or watch HBA's as a whole die a slow 5 year death. This is a crystal ball question I see differently. Taking 100 bases now will give a huge QOL break to the post rat pilots and the group can still fight for HBAs for all when the contract becomes amendable. I think it would be easier that way because it would have been demonstrated that the 5 domiciles were an unnecessary restriction. Because the 100 will be the final 100 in the end if we allow it. That could already happen. The company can currently open up more domiciles and make the HBA pilots use them. The IBB proposal includes grandfathered rights to HBAs that will prevent that from happening. 100 bases and a guarantee to HBAs would provide a stronger position to fight from next time around.

Ahh yes the if you're not volunteering you shouldn't speak out.....

Please don't assign an opinion to me that I don't hold. I was encouraging others to participate more in the process (not less) and to actively work for the solutions they are proposing. I firmly believe that debate of the issues--by all involved (including family members)--is a good thing. Clearly apathy, evidenced by silence, is not.

the Netjet folks that post over and over on this board make rest of us Netjet folks look like children..... Please represent our pilot group with a little more professionalism. We are not regional pilots.

J.H.
CE560XL

....The underlined part is certainly true, but doesn't automatically qualify whatever the leadership puts out as "yes-worthy."
Agreed. The definition of a good deal is always subjective. Leadership is tasked with balancing the interests of a large group with varying criteria--not an easy job.

...I am not the one in a leadership position, with my wife on message boards acting as a cheerleader for this proposal. One public message board where issues affecting my family are discussed.

I have volunteered time in the past, and may again in the future, although the beat-down some have gotten for not toeing the union line over the IBB gives me pause. Some posts brought a frown to my face as well. Active participation should be encouraged for everyone affected by the contract.

Every pilot's family gives up time - it's the nature of the business. True, but some give up their personal free time above and beyond what the job requires. I am pointing that out to give (at your request) examples of what my family has done to help the pilot group. My husband is gone from home even more and does Union business when he is home. Your husband's choice to work in 1108 leadership has not resulted in a loss of income, any more than my decision not to bid the reserve schedule has resulted in a loss of income for me. It's a choice we both made, with the resulting salary implications. We both have the potential to earn more, but choose not to. You're right that my husband could have refused to help the pilot group and would not have missed the holiday pay and OT he was scheduled to get. Now how did I know...Ultra Grump...;) you'd turn the concrete example you asked for (of my family helping the group) into a complaint? :rolleyes: Luckily, for the NJ pilots those serving for the greater good are willing to make the sacrifice, but from my perspective more volunteers are needed to spread the work load and prevent those on the front line from ending up burned out.

Besides, if you spent much time in an Ultra, you'd be grumpy, too. ;) I'd extend my sympathy but something tells me it wouldn't be welcome. Suffice it to say that I realize the cockpit is cramped and has no APU. Worse still, no TCAS. I was definitely against 5 yr seat locks. Sympathy is unneeded and unwarranted. Sorry Grumpy, I'll give it to someone else...:p We'll see (or maybe not) on Oct 1 whether our disappointment is unfounded or not.

It'd be great if every group in the Union were pleased but that doesn't seem possible when compromise is mandated. Therefore, I hope that an arrangement acceptable to the majority will be worked out this week. NJW

It'd be great if every group in the Union were pleased but that doesn't seem possible when compromise is mandated. Therefore, I hope that an arrangement acceptable to the majority will be worked out this week. NJW

Yeah, if you mean a majority of 51% then things are looking good.....

Heck you'd think that NJW was on the negotiating team or something. :)

It is my opinion that upper management has seen the power of positive reinforcement since the 2005 CBA was passed. I believe that RTS is smart enough to keep a good thing going. Considering how hard both sides have been working, surely they are able to put together a fair deal.

From my card shop....:)

http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=173646460&m=1932&rr=y&source=bma999

RTS is not looking for a fair deal! He is looking for the best deal for him and Warren! I like my job and respect the union, but I don't trust RTS to do the right thing yet!

It is my opinion that upper management has seen the power of positive reinforcement since the 2005 CBA was passed. I believe that RTS is smart enough to keep a good thing going. Considering how hard both sides have been working, surely they are able to put together a fair deal.

From my card shop....:)

[URL="http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=173646460&m=1932&rr=y&source=bma999"]http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=173646460&m=1932&rr=y&source=bma999[/URL]

Fair for who???? Sounds like for the FOs and junior capts. If you have 6+ yrs or are a reserve guy, IOE,IP,CA it is a mess. They haven't thrown enough money at it to buy my vote.

RNO, how can you write it off before you even see it...:rolleyes: Torch, the pilots are also looking for the best deal they can get. I didn't say RTS was playing Santa Claus, but obviously the pilot group has been working hard and 1108 isn't shy about pointing that out.

The idea is to work out a compromise that offers an improvement for both sides--overall. Last time around the most junior on the list did rather poorly. My first grader calls it taking turns...;) hint, hint. The Union has to pull their wages up closer to professional pay. They're also the group RTS is worried about losing so it shouldn't be a surprise if more money is targeted at them.

That said, I just don't see RTS wanting to go back to the days of unmotivated pilots, especially with the busy season fast approaching. Nor do I think that our side would let any segment of the pilot force go unrewarded for their hard work that helps bring in significant profits. The money is there and both sides want IBB to pass. I think they'll pull it off. I also think that after all the effort spent on IBB that neither side would be happy with it barely passing. Logic says that they know what it will take to get a respectable return for the invest of their time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back