• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NejJets Indoc. and Credit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He was saying if you trade in 20000 points they will give you 25000 miles. That is a good deal, but you still have to spend nearly $20000 (we don't stay at very many Starwood properties for the point multiplier to help much- I've done 5 nights this year in Starwoods vs over 60 in Hilton properties). I believe they are offering 10K free sign up points if you get a new Starwood Amex. You'll probably put on between 15 and 20K points a year on it for company business. If you spend about $1700 a month for personal expenses on the card (should be possible for a family with gas, groceries, cell phones, cable, home phone, gifts, entertainment, car repairs, etc...) you should be able to turn 20K into 25K points for a free airline ticket. A side business, mortgage payments (I've heard of it but I don't think most mortgage bankers allow it), or college tuition payments for kids could also really boost things up. That would be one ticket for work expenses and at least one for personal expenses every year.

Using the company Mastercard should be able to get you 3 airline tix every 2 years on work expenses alone since the airline tix for work are put on the company card, but direct billed if you are using your own card. The Starwood card would then be a good personal card if you are going to spend at least 20K a year on a personal card. This would get you about one more free airline ticket every 2 years than using the Starwood card for everything.

Say what you want about the stupid points... You better worry about credit card fraud and the like.. you will travel to allot of locations at NetJets... You will put taxis, food, everything on that credit card... I use the company card, having been double charged and rip off in restaurants with my personal card made me a believer in the company card... Its on the company's back not mine... Another point look at 3500 dollars a month on your card and the checks don't come fast enough to keep the interest off your back... Just some thoughts for you guys... You will do about 35000 a year in charges, the guys in South America love gringo cards... The company card I have has been replaced 4 times due to fraud and you no what? It will happen to your personal card also...

Think about it..

PS Points don't compensate for the hassles with your personal card... Just wait to the point hounds speak up- its only a matter of time- pionts are everything to some of these dips...

THANKS FOR THE INPUT. IT IS SOMETHING I HAVEN'T REALLY CONSIDERED. i HAVE BEEN FLYING COMMERCIALLY FOR TEN YEARS AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD IDENT. THEFT ISSUES OR ANY OTHER PROBLEMS?

I DO LIKE THE IDEA OF GETTING SOME FREE AIRLINE TICKETS BUT GETTING RIPPED OFF OR LETTING SOMEONE INTO MY PERSONAL ACCOUNTS WOULD BE A BAD THING, TO PUT IT LIGHTLY.

HHonors Amex gets you a lot of points, but you will need them to get anything with Hilton. I would have to agree with the idea of not putting your personal card out there. I had fraudulent charges show up twice on my card before I switched to the company card. The upstanding employee of a gas station (filling a rental car) decided to copy my card numbers and use them. I never found out where, just what state the other happened in when a bunch of 1-900-hornyman numbers showed up on my statement. Both were reimbursed and fairly minor, but that is enough for me. Also, with the company card you get to see and collect points for all the airlines and hotel rooms they book for you that you never use!

Regarding the company card, is it kosher to use it to buy dinner or something on an overnight, and just mark it "personal" so they don't reimburse?

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD IDENT. THEFT ISSUES OR ANY OTHER PROBLEMS?

In my last indoc class of about 40 or so I would say that 10 said they have had identy theft. No chit. That is why I went to the company card. One guy said he caught a waiter taking a digital pic of his card. Blew him in.

Watch it out there.

I put all my NW, Delta, and Continental miles into my Continental account by having them change it at the gate before I board the first flight.

Even better - call travel and get them to assign your Continental FF number to NW and Delta when they book you a ticket on those airlines.

Latest resources

Back