Negatives to JetBlue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dear "GOD"........

"But the incompetence, negligence or outright malice shown by jb pilots has inspired my first gesture in their direction."

JUMBO BALLS !

Man, what a real "professional" you are. If I would lower myself to your level, I'd send you a "gesture" right back at you. I won't stoop that low for now. I'll just think of you as a disgruntled little dirtbag who needs to vent.

Good luck to you and that "opinion" that you're carrying around on your back.

Off topic, but I think extending the 8 hour rule is a good idea for some day turns.

For example, I recently flew a LAS turn that arrived at 1230 in the afternoon, 11.5 hours of rest at the hotel (Oh yea, I slept like a baby :rolleyes: ) , and then flew the red-eye back to JFK at 1245am.

I guess I'm just a punk for thinking this way.

Give Yaks a break guys. He's obviously a bit cranky and probably just needs a nap. From the appearance of his profile, I would bet he's a disgruntled AA pilot that is blaming B6 for the financial hardship the airlines are facing and his forced move to the right side of the 80. Relax Yuks, it's not your fault. You're nice enough, you're good enough and dog gonnit, people like you. I'm glad I don't have to wonder if you are in the cockpit of my flight cause I would be inclined to believe that you are a bit unstable and I would have to take another flight.

Mr.Aviation said:
They are a bunch of Koolaid drinking, blue shirt wearing, wanabe punks!!

Im sorry, but thats friggin funny...

Carry on! :D

"Since no jb moron."

Thanks pal!

Could it truly be, that the jb folks are pretty happy and in general like to work here? Nah, that would be too scary a thought!

I would say that any airline that is growing like JB and is profitable is pretty good to work for.

The test is when the growth slows down or maybe when the split pay scale comes in and the company tries to put a lock in place(although that's nothing new in the business).

JetBlue isn't bringing down the profession any more that AA did in the 80's with their innovative B-scale. In fact, AA's recent contract leaves a little to be desired.:rolleyes: TC

OK. I'll tell you two negatives about working at JetBlue:
1. The commute to NY.
2. The van ride down the Van Wyck Expressway to and from JFK.

Those are about the most negative things I can come up with. I think the answers from JetBlue pilots tell you a lot about the company. The fact that we don't have much to complain about is a huge benefit to working here! Sure we have a few things that need work, but the company leadership is well aware of any issues because THEY LISTEN TO US! As a result of their actions, we have a lot of faith in what they are doing for us and the future of the company.

Yaks' complaints are typical of those outside the company who simply don't understand how things work here because they can't relate.

Yes, we have 5-year contracts. It is really not an issue like it is for people in other companies. Here the contract is just a piece of paper in the file cabinet, not something we refer to on a daily basis. The actions of management mean more and they have gone well beyond the contract in terms of improved pay and work rules. They continue to be very supportative of all crewmembers. Nobody is afraid of getting canned at the 5-year point. If you are doing something you deserve getting fired for, why would they wait until the 5-year point to do it? You are not going to get fired for talking about unions, but you will get a lot of feedback from other pilots who have plenty of experience with unions and don't want to screw up this good deal.

The "8 in 24 rule" ideas we are considering are actually designed to enhance safety, not compromise it. Some people are just a bit too paraniod about change. This subject has been covered elsewhere ad naseum, so I'm not going to rehash all the arguments here. Suffice it to say that exploring options which enhance safety is a positive, not negative about JetBlue.

The rest of the insults appear to stem from a fear of competition. The irony is that JetBlue is still a fairly small carrier. There are lots of places we don't go. If larger carriers focused on making money in those markets, instead of worring about the few places we fly, everybody could be profitable and both the airline industry and the flying public would benefit!

yaks said:
Since no jb moron had the balls to answer the mans question which is the only point I was trying to make, I will have to try. There is an employment contract you must sign as a condition of employment. It means you are an employee until the contract is up (5 years) at which time if neither party does anything it automatically renews for another 5 years. The contract stipulates pay rates of $72/hr for captains and $36/hr for fo's. (Currently paying more but not obligated to, which means if tomorrow they decide that is what they want to pay you that what you will get.) Don't know all the specifics since the pilots were either too stupid to read it or too embarrassed to admit some of the other more onerous aspects. I am certain there are a myriad of behaviors which will warrant you immediate dismissal like trying to organize. So forget about a union should you ever decide to contest any policy the management wishes to implement (the current "benevolent" group or any future bunch) because at the very least your contract will be allowed to lapse and not renewed ensuring there will be no rabble rousers on the property.

Hey Sally, for your information I worked 15 years under a previous ALPA "contract", 5 years with a B-scale, 12 years with a no-furlough clause, and a Defined Benefit retirement plan with a potential $1.5 million lump sum staring at me at retirement. Great protection from my "union", only to have ALPA throw it all away the past few years, along with my job. What's that union contract doing for me now?

Look sport, a ton of us have been on both sides of this fence. I chose jetBlue because of the culture, value system, and confidence in senior management, a refreshing change from the "eat your young" atmosphere that prevailed at my previous ALPA carrier. I've been around long enough, and I've earned the right to make whatever choice I wish. With 2 undergraduates and a law degree, I have no problem with the jetBlue contract language. You are entitled to your "opinion", but until you walk a mile, dude, careful who you start calling "stupid".

Red

Latest resources

Back