Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnpeace

#199 of 201
I am working on a project as an entrepreneurial endeavor that has some data requirements.

One of the first collections of data I need is the list of overnight hotels from each US domestic carrier.

I have the Atlantic Southeast data already, naturally. It's available on my company's intranet.

The only way I can think to gather that data for other airlines is to simply ask crewmembers for those airlines if they can send me the list, copied from their company website. Of course, please don't if it's secret, security sensitive information...it's not at ASA and I can't imagine it would be anywhere else.

I can't share more about the project publicly yet, but would like to develop working relationships with crewmembers at other airlines to help move it forward.

If your inclined and able to help, please shoot me a PM.

Thanks.

You're making an app.

You're making an app for the iPhone for pilots.

You're making an app that lists hotel information, photos, and reviews similar to trip advisor but marketed directly towards airline pilots.

Did I guess it?

That is usually information that is kept private. Probably not a rule written in a book somewhere, but for the safety and security of flight crews, that information is not given out on a public forum. Not to mention that with most airlines, these hotels change very often. Sometimes daily.

That is usually information that is kept private. Probably not a rule written in a book somewhere, but for the safety and security of flight crews, that information is not given out on a public forum. Not to mention that with most airlines, these hotels change very often. Sometimes daily.

Yeah, I wouldn't want you to publish it on a public forum.

I'm interested in, from one crewmember to another, seeing YOUR airline's hotel list.

If you'd rather not share it, that's understandable.

Not sure where you work, but at ASA (and I'll assume Skywest as well given that we both use the same hotel acquisition company) they don't change THAT frequently.

i would have to agree with jockey, and reccomend not pursuing this security sensitive information...if any of your info got to the public and something happens, lawyers will come after you..

Yeah, I wouldn't want you to publish it on a public forum.

I'm interested in, from one crewmember to another, seeing YOUR airline's hotel list.

If you'd rather not share it, that's understandable.

Sending an anonymous person this information to an inbox is really no different than stapling it to a bulletin board. Perhaps if you reveled your true identity to the people you are requesting the information from, you might have better luck. For all the other members on this board know, you could be someone's stalker (probably not, but you never know.) You might also have better luck if you reveled a little more about WHY you want the information. If you still don't see why this is sensitive information, just place a call to each of the airline's Chief pilots and ask them for the information. Please post their reactions here.

i would have to agree with jockey, and reccomend not pursuing this security sensitive information...if any of your info got to the public and something happens, lawyers will come after you..

Your own airline would possibly fire you as well.

I don't believe this is security sensitive information.

How does it even compromise anyone's security?

What if I told everyone here, in public, that ASA crews stay at the Crowne Plaza in Romulus on their short DTW layovers?

So what?

Anyway, if you don't want to share yours...don't.

Thanks!

Latest resources

Back