Need Info On Air Cargo Carriers (ACC)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ready2Fly said:
Guess now anyone that has a disenting view is automatically labled the legendary Rhoid!

OBTW, they did it again! Like I said, unsafe operation.

MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina, May 19 (WorldACD) - The Myrtle Beach International Airport cut off air traffic for three hours Thursday morning - disrupting nine flights - after a cargo plane blocked the only runway.
> Flights taking off and landing were delayed as a crane and other heavy equipment removed an Air Cargo Carrier plane that had landed on its belly at 7:45 a.m. The landing gear malfunctioned as the plane arrived, but no one was injured.
> The plane was moved to the other side of the airport, where it will sit until the Federal Aviation Administration arrives to investigate.

Sure hope it wasn't pilot error

OK?? And....? Not having a gear come down and having to land belly up in a Shorts doesn't make it an unsafe or wreckless company. Most of those airplanes are probably 30+ years old, and have very basic systems that can inevitably break. Your Seminole can and has done the exact same thing, many times!

It's not like the tail fell off the airplane or something.

Anyways, only legitimate discussions after this please....

User998 said:
OK?? And....? Not having a gear come down and having to land belly up in a Shorts doesn't make it an unsafe or wreckless company. Most of those airplanes are probably 30+ years old, and have very basic systems that can inevitably break. Your Seminole can and has done the exact same thing, many times!

It's not like the tail fell off the airplane or something.

Anyways, only legitimate discussions after this please....

But I've never geared up a Seminole!

User998 said:
I .was already flying jets by the time I was at your current total time R2F, you better get a jump on your higher goals :cool:

If you want to talk about a slow, POS, that Seminole in your profile definetly fits the bill. Besides, you have no room to talk, what kind of "real world" day-in, day-out flying to do you do? Probably not the kind that we do to make a living.

Cheers...

Why are you lowering yourself to fly a lowly shorts? You are supposed to be a big shot jet pilot! What happened, can't keep up with the "mighty" citation?

Ready2Fly said:
Guess now anyone that has a disenting view is automatically labled the legendary Rhoid!

OBTW, they did it again! Like I said, unsafe operation.

MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina, May 19 (WorldACD) - The Myrtle Beach International Airport cut off air traffic for three hours Thursday morning - disrupting nine flights - after a cargo plane blocked the only runway.
> Flights taking off and landing were delayed as a crane and other heavy equipment removed an Air Cargo Carrier plane that had landed on its belly at 7:45 a.m. The landing gear malfunctioned as the plane arrived, but no one was injured.
> The plane was moved to the other side of the airport, where it will sit until the Federal Aviation Administration arrives to investigate.

With your point of view, you had better get out of aviation and take up something a little safer. If a carrier is deemed "unsafe" by your unqualified opinion because of an accident/incident, you have no place left to work. The nose gear malfunctioned on a JetBlue A320, they must be dangerous, too! In your little file of "unsafe" carriers must be American, Continental, Delta, ExpressJet, Flight Options, FlexJet, Southwest, AirTran, etc. The list goes on and on...like I said, by your uneducated standards, you should take your resume to McDonalds while the rest of us risk life and limb at all of these "dangerous" operations.

Ready2Fly said:
Why are you lowering yourself to fly a lowly shorts? You are supposed to be a big shot jet pilot! What happened, can't keep up with the "mighty" citation?
Actually, quite the opposite. The Citation is such an EASY airplane to fly, that I'm looking for a little challenge for a change.... EDIT: Actually I don't owe you any further explanation.

And I'm not "lowering" myself flying the Shorts. I'd be "lowering" myself if I went back to a Seminole or a Seneca. Your pride is going to keep you from going a long ways in this industry.

You sound like your a miserable human being, I truly feel sorry for you.

Last edited:
Ready2Fly said:
They are dangerous. They had a midair recently with a couple of their cowboy pilots showing off to their girlfriends. I recommend you look elsewhere.

One of the pilots was a friend of mine. You are completly wrong in that statement. Please get your facts straight. It was a final test flight for the long range tanks....the day before they were contracted out to go to Iraq. The captain of the plane that made it back, my friend, is one of the best pilots I know of. He is by no means a cowboy pilot. Accidents happen. I believe that was the second accident that the company has ever had.

I have heard good things about this company through many people on this forum, as well as 3 friends I have working for the company including the safety standard. I believe upgrade time is something like 6 months. As a new employee you will bid with every other employee (I believe something like 102 pilots) and you get what you get. Seniority being the deciding factor. My buddy that just finished Indoc is located in Myrtle Beach.

Marc

User998 said:
Actually, quite the opposite. The Citation is such an EASY airplane to fly, that I'm looking for a little challenge for a change.... EDIT: Actually I don't owe you any further explanation.

And I'm not "lowering" myself flying the Shorts. I'd be "lowering" myself if I went back to a Seminole or a Seneca. Your pride is going to keep you from going a long ways in this industry.

You sound like your a miserable human being, I truly feel sorry for you.

What a snot-nosed big shot.

Are you afraid of the Big White Hankerchief chasing you down? I sure hope so.

Say a guy with 135 mins gets hired....what are the chances of getting the charter side out of DTO? Just currious i grew up around there and its my ultimate goal to get back there again. Thanks.

bobs98tlr said:
Say a guy with 135 mins gets hired....what are the chances of getting the charter side out of DTO? Just currious i grew up around there and its my ultimate goal to get back there again. Thanks.

All depends on whether or not slots are open for charter at the time. At the end of class you will be able to bid for whatever routes are open. When you get charter you can live wherever you want. If you live in DTO they might give you more trips out of there but they work 19 days at a time, no guarantees on always being near DTO, thats really only where their dispatch office is located.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back