Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

User998

Posting On One Engine
I've had my eye on Air Cargo Carriers (ACC) for awhile now, and I'm close to sending in a resume to them.

I've done quite a bit of research on the company, but I'd like to hear from actual pilots (past, present, or those in the know) who can enlighten me on the good, and bad aspects of the company. No detail is too mundane.

How's the pilot morale? Is equipment well maintained? Is there pressure to fly in bad wx? How are the cockpits equipped? What determines what base you get assigned to? Reasonable upgrade times? Is it possible to upgrade later into the Falcon 20's? Etc, etc, etc.

All those good questions all pilots like to know about a prospective job.

Discuss away... :cool:

I did and didn't come across anything. A search Air Cargo Carrier pulls up 351 results. Seems like just about every thread has the words 'air' 'cargo' or 'carrier' in it.

That's why I'm asking.

They are dangerous. They had a midair recently with a couple of their cowboy pilots showing off to their girlfriends. I recommend you look elsewhere.

Ready2Fly said:
They are dangerous. They had a midair recently with a couple of their cowboy pilots showing off to their girlfriends. I recommend you look elsewhere.

Don't make assumptions - learn the facts before you get too excited.

Ready2Fly said:

Wow, nice work on making yourself look like an ignorant jacka$$......

They really have an accident?

JetSpeed219 said:
Wow, nice work on making yourself look like an ignorant jacka$$......
Yea, agreed. I don't even work for the company and I can tell you more about that accident then it sounds like you know.

First off, Ready2fly, your an idiot, you probably failed our interview process and are bitter now, time to move on buddy.

As for ACC, it is a good company to work for. There are two branches of flying that we do, scheduled and charter. The scheduled runs are for UPS and DHL, and typically fly Mon. thru Fri nights. Check out our website, www.aircar.com for a route map. On the charter side of things, we work a 19 on, 9 off schedule. I work on the charter side and enjoy the variety of flying that I get, but it is a long time to be away from home. Quite a few married pilots because they don't want to relocate their families, and because of the 9 days off in a row. You can typically make more money on charter than on scheduled.

Most of the pilots you meet enjoy the company and are friendly people. We have jumpseat agreements with a lot of airlines including, NWA, US Air, SWA, Midwest, and others. Ground school is usually 4 - 5 weeks. Will probably sit reserve for a little while.

Hope that helps

Latest resources

Back