• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys lets stick to the facts.....

You both talk about those superior skills you know RJ pilots have, but:

You were both limited to 20kt crosswinds
You both admit you had difficulty landing a Falcon in the wind
You both made less than 80K/yr
You were both canned as soon as the opportunity was avail.

2 years later one has found Jesus and is flying a 152, one is doing contract RJ work in Asia. HEY, whatever pays the bills or floats your boat guys, nobody cares....but 99.9% of us who have been to Asia or the Mideast know that nobody goes there by choice. I know, I know, you are "living the life" and none of the above were YOUR fault, its was terrible management or a poorly designed Falcon..we know.....

Hey (or yeeeeahhhhh as you say to each other?) at least its not Teterboro! God Bless Texas, sounds like a really great place to make a living, even if you have to do it from Singapore.

"precision landing due to the neutral aileron".....WHAT!??? I have a few thousand hours in Falcons and really have no f'n idea what you are talking about!....:confused:..it lands no different than any jet I have ever flown....and lucky me my employer lets me make my own decisions as to what wind I can handle! Did all your pilots have the 20kt training wheels on, or just the RJ kids?

I know of no other Falcon pilots who have ever had "manufacturer defect" trouble with crosswinds...:laugh:...ditto for Global, Gulfstream, Hawker, Learjet pilots etc etc....then again guys, I guess you get what you pay for?

And please! - Disrespectful to LegacyDriver? He knows I have always held him in very high regard (minus his xwind technique;)) and I really hope he looks me up when he does his first solo x-country up to KTEB.. Beers are on me, no doubt!

:)

So now your gonna attack me as well? And your "facts" are way off. The only thing accurate about your post is that we both made less than 80k our first year. After our second year it went a little above that. But, far from the pay averages you were posting. There was bonus and stock but I was just addressing the base pay. I wish the job paid the salary you were quoting.

As to the layoffs, yes it happened to 19 pilots at our company. Nobody with 2 years seniority was gonna be kept on property.

Living overseas? Yes, at first it was not my first choice but my Wife, Golden Retriever and I have embraced the expat lifestyle. Try living in a creditor nation! It is a pleasant change. If I do get homesick I turn on the Fox News (with no commercials!) to see how that embarassment of an administration is running our country and it quickly goes away.

I love flying internationally. The closest I probably would have gotten to overseas flying at my last company would be flying the airplane to Anchorage for the next crew to take to Asia.

Off to Europe next week where I hope to see another phone company castaway, CRJCA in Prague.

But, now it's off to the pub for an ice cold Carlsberg. Not sure how they cornered the market but it is all the rage in Asia.

Cheers-

Rum

Rum, you've been around long enough to know that there are super pilots out there who have to brag about their compensation, superior skill, and let everyone know that they're the best of the best, the ace-of-the-base. What they don't tell you is that all this bragging and superiority they're trying to project is usually the result of compensating for something else, usually it's the short-shriveled-and-inadequate problem that they're trying overcompensate for... know what I mean?

So, have a chuckle... and get a cold one! :)

Yeeeeahhh Rum,

FD is right on.

<------- Have a chuckle and a cold one on me also!

Last edited:
Rum, you've been around long enough to know that there are super pilots out there who have to brag about their compensation, superior skill, and let everyone know that they're the best of the best, the ace-of-the-base. What they don't tell you is that all this bragging and superiority they're trying to project is usually the result of compensating for something else, usually it's the short-shriveled-and-inadequate problem that they're trying overcompensate for... know what I mean?

So, have a chuckle... and get a cold one! :)

Are you implying that G200 has a "little wanker"? :laugh:
Must be why his freaking watch is so damn big!!!!!!!
I will tell you that he is in fact "the ace-of-the-base" especially on a Sea-Doo!!!!!!;)

I'm not implying anything about G200... just making a general statement and trying to lighten up the mood. :D

Embraer's website shows the Legacy 650 can depart Aspen with 800lb payload at "85% annual takeoff temperature and 85% annual winds" and hit just about any city in North America...with range as far as Martinique, Bogota or Narsarsuaq @ that payload & LRC.

Not sure how that compares to the (current) Legacy 600...but not too bad for a reformed regional jet.

The ONLY bright side I can see to this gig is that MAYBE they desire to find the right fit at the company and not just hire any ol' already typed regional FO. This gives them a chance to minimize their risk to do so rather than become a revolving door.

But I'm with G200, at the VERY least they should be paying for the type and ask you to sign one of those bogus traning agreements. Problem is, they too know it's bogus and if you leave they'll never get their money.

if they pay a livable wage, they wont have that problem. They dont teach that in management fcks employees 101

Embraer's website shows the Legacy 650 can depart Aspen with 800lb payload at "85% annual takeoff temperature and 85% annual winds" and hit just about any city in North America...with range as far as Martinique, Bogota or Narsarsuaq @ that payload & LRC.

Not sure how that compares to the (current) Legacy 600...but not too bad for a reformed regional jet.

A definate improvement over the standard EMB145... and if it sheds one at V1 in the summer?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back