need help on salary for FO on Legacy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WTH?!?? :eek:

I won't do that at ISA, let alone ISA+. I don't care what the AFM or AOM Performance charts tell you. Direct to FL410 after a MGTOW departure may be technically doable, but it is a very uncomfortable place to be. The airplane isn't going to accelerate for quite some time.

That hasn't been my experience but maybe we fly it differently. I understand and do not question your concern on this. If it is hot you are better off to step it from 390, but that's rarely more than a couple of minutes. (I only had to do this once on a hot hot hot hot day out of KTEB. I thought she would make it direct okay but decided to accelerate at 390 just to be safe and it worked out fine. Discretion is the better part of valor for sure.)

Someone mentioned that Embraer is responsible for lowering the bar on pay. This isn't accurate. All Embraer did was bring to market a derivative that happens to share a type rating with the ERJ. Unfortunately for those of us that make a living on the corporate side of the fence that makes for large pool of available pilots who are either furloughed and looking to make a buck wherever they can or who will contract for peanuts.

The fact is Embraer is alone in the market niche they've created with the Legacy 600 and 650 (as well as the Phenom 300 and probably the upcoming 450 and 500). The Legacy is success by any measure. It is not a G-anything or a F-anything and doesn't compete directly in those markets. It is not a Hawker, either. It niche is somewhere between these aircraft. The truth is that Gulfstream, Falcon and HB are all late to the dance on building an airplane to compete for this niche.

Very well said.

Last edited:
Yeeeeahhh Rum,

FD is right on.

<------- Have a chuckle and a cold one on me also!

Thanks Gents! I hoped it was in good fun. Tonight/this morning, I am drinking "Saigon Export". A bottle is about .85cents USD. Can't beat that!

Cheers-

Rum

P.S. Thanks LD for your thoughts. Right back at ya! Your a good ********************e! I have sat next to you in a cockpit and at the bar and you are a great individual.

I am hoping that a good gig is coming your way!

Last edited:
Thanks Gents! I hoped it was in good fun. Tonight/this morning, I am drinking "Saigon Export". A bottle is about .85cents USD. Can't beat that!

Cheers-

Rum

P.S. Thanks LD for your thoughts. Right back at ya! Your a good ********************e! I have sat next to you in a cockpit and at the bar and you are a great individual.

I am hoping that a good gig is coming your way!

Thanks, brother.

We'll see. I hope the light isn't a train!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back