Nationwide Walkout!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xjjetdog

Being disgusted as to what management is doing to labor unions nationwide, I have a proposal. ALPA should organize a nationwide walkout for 1 day. It's kind of like giving management a taste of their own medicine. Something has to be done to convey the message to management the 'race to the bottom' has to stop.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! HOHOHOHOHOHO!!! Boy, xjet, that's a good one.

Now that the ALPA Golden Boys are in deep $h!t, you want everyone to sit up and take notice. Sorry, that train pulled out of the station in 1983 and kept picking up speed until ALPA stabbed the TWA pilots in the back in 2001.

Let me refresh your memory:

No nationwide walkout when Lorenzo stole the CAL pensions.

No nationwide walkout when random drug testing was implemented.

No nationwide walkout when pilots were forced to go through security screening with the pax.

No nationwide walkout when Lorenzo was stealing EAL blind prior to shutting them down.

No nationwide walkout when the Delta pilots screwed the PanAm pilots.

No nationwide walkout when ALPA carrier Reno got stapled by non-ALPA carrier AA.

No nationwide walkout when Emery pilots got hosed.

No nationwide walkout when ALPA carrier TWA was advised to abandon its SCOPE clause by ALPA attorneys then the majority of its pilots were stapled by non-ALPA carrier AA.

Too little, too late dog...TC

AA717driver said:

AA717, I am happy that things "worked out" for you since your furlough. You obviously got a job that you enjoy, that's great. If my airline gig went away tomorrow, as a former 91/135 guy, I would do the same.

Having said that, though, I think as someone who is now "on the outside looking in" you may not appreciate the gravity of what is happening with DAL and NWA (and possibly AMR) filing Chapt. 11 and trying to de-nut their pilot groups.

Under current proposals, DAL and NWA are looking at flying 767's for AirTran 717 pay, and with lesser rigs and benefits . . . . and the AAL 757 pay is already at AirTran 737-800 scales. These latest developments may actually be the last straw . . . or not, but maybe this is one for you to sit out, and let those who "have a dog in this fight" decide what to do.

Last edited:
AA717driver said:

Now that the ALPA Golden Boys are in deep $h!t, you want everyone to sit up and take notice. Sorry, that train pulled out of the station in 1983 and kept picking up speed until ALPA stabbed the TWA pilots in the back in 2001.

Let me refresh your memory:

No nationwide walkout when Lorenzo stole the CAL pensions.

No nationwide walkout when random drug testing was implemented.

No nationwide walkout when pilots were forced to go through security screening with the pax.

No nationwide walkout when Lorenzo was stealing EAL blind prior to shutting them down.

No nationwide walkout when the Delta pilots screwed the PanAm pilots.

No nationwide walkout when ALPA carrier Reno got stapled by non-ALPA carrier AA.

No nationwide walkout when Emery pilots got hosed.

No nationwide walkout when ALPA carrier TWA was advised to abandon its SCOPE clause by ALPA attorneys then the majority of its pilots were stapled by non-ALPA carrier AA.

Too little, too late dog...TC
AA717Driver...
Hey you forgot to mention when the United guys screwed the old Frontier folks.

xjjet,

Its funny, but last week, I was thinking the same thing. Im disgusted by what has happened to our industry. The Airline Pilot industry, and I think if any of us expect to have a career that earns more than 90 grand a year, something better get done quick.

Im concerned for our careers, our profession, our industry of airline pilots. I cant believe there are pilots out there that are so self serving and vengeful that they would rather the ship go down than take an action to fix it...

AA717, its guys like you that screw this industry up, your a *&%$ing looser....

Last edited:
that idea is one that looks good on paper...isn't the real issue or fact that ALPA has no cards left to play?

How could any logic be conveyed with a walkout to MGT who would shrug and say" i don't know what those poor bastards are doing," There are several legacy carriers in bankruptsy!"

So, what to do? i think the over capacity in the regionals will actually bring a few of them to BK and when that area is reduced then higher mainline jobs with better salaries become more abundant and the chance to really get there is increased.

Aren't you really asking, "how dow we make more money? It can't be a reality in a fifty seater. Delta has proven that.

If we had a national seniority list based on your original ATP issuance, seniority won't be an issue.

Sort of like the Merchant Marines.

Nah, that's too easy, and ALPO will lose all its power.

HalinTexas said:
If we had a national seniority list based on your original ATP issuance, seniority won't be an issue.

Sort of like the Merchant Marines.

Nah, that's too easy, and ALPO will lose all its power.

I hear national seniority list thrown around a lot, like it's the answer. I used to think so for a while too. But consider this... if you're at Northwest or Delta, and you get furloughed, even with a national seniority list, what's to stop another carrier from hiring someone junior to you? What's to stop them from avoiding hiring 20 year captains and using 5 year captains instead? You're in the street either way.

Did we just sit around when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?...........................................

Latest resources

Back