• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My response to SWA package!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A 5 year FO making $200k is probably working the system pretty good- which usually means weekends and holidays. $150k is not. I'm tiring of AT guys not seeing the correlation between pay rate and days off/QOL. If you don't want or need to make much $$- the higher rate means you can work less days. Our efficient schedules will already mean less days for you. I don't understand how that's not common sense obvious to everyone. The reason swa guys get riled is bc we know and experience life here- the schedule, culture, and pay are better- and with 6 airlines notched in my belt- I know. The same relative seniority buys you a better life at swa than it does at AT. It's that simple.

Nice to see the SWA pilots so humble. You do realize karma is a beyotch. And when she meets up with you, she'll have her way with you!

Nice to see the SWA pilots so humble. You do realize karma is a beyotch. And when she meets up with you, she'll have her way with you!

Thx for your concern about my karma. Appreciate it.

Humble? So when someone speaks the truth and is proud about their company and what SW and SWAPA have accomplished together, they aren't 'humble' all the sudden? Please.

Originally Posted by Midge

Is she hot?

Originally Posted by Midge

Is she hot?

And she'll come back with a vengance!:D

I'm tiring of AT guys not seeing the correlation between pay rate and days off/QOL.

Using your rationalization of pay = QOL, are you're saying that me possibly taking a staple, likely being forced out of my base, commuting to LAS, OAK, or MDW (my current commute is 25 minutes), bidding the worst vacations and lines, (or possibly on reserve after 5 years of service with AT) is worth a $30,000 raise in pay and some sort of culture change?

If I get more money, but have to commute across the country for less days at home than before, miss the holidays (that I currently hold off), and work weekends (that I currently hold off) for the next 10+ years, etc, then how is that an increase in my QOL?

Using your rationalization of pay = QOL, are you're saying that me possibly taking a staple, likely being forced out of my base, commuting to LAS, OAK, or MDW (my current commute is 25 minutes), bidding the worst vacations and lines, (or possibly on reserve after 5 years of service with AT) is worth a $30,000 raise in pay and some sort of culture change?

If I get more money, but have to commute across the country for less days at home than before, miss the holidays (that I currently hold off), and work weekends (that I currently hold off) for the next 10+ years, etc, then how is that an increase in my QOL?

I'll bite because I think your concerns deserve an honest answer. No flame just some facts based on the most recent vacancy bid at SWA. First I think your premis is faulty because to limit moving and training costs I would assume that the company would want to fence both ATL and the 717. Even if that turns out not to be the case if you are a fairly senior F/O even if all 850ish of you were stapled that would take you out of the bottom 10 percent of the combined list. At 6 percent from the bottom of our list you can hold any base of you choice so commuting would not be in your future unless you chose to do it. I believe our lines typically have more days off than yours as well so you wouldn't be at home less. Basically in your situation the only sacrifice you might make is in schedule quality. It would be less of a schedule hit than if you upgraded for upgrade type money and better benefits.

Last edited:
At 8 percent off the bottom of my domicile list in July I was able to hold weekends off on reserve with 15 days off. I could have held the same in August but chose to work weekends for better trip density. Pay wise July 96TFP guarantee if you didn't fly every day on reserve. It could be more depending on when in the month they used you and how much. It would be at least 104 TFP if you did fly every day.

Last edited:
Ty "keepin it real" Webb, so which part is not true? The FACT your company was bought by SWA, the FACT of being bought is the end of AAI growth, the FACT SWA did not need your a/c orders but bought you to eliminate a competitor.

Hey bro, you sling some pretty good arrows. On this very forum you have implied that you EXPECT to become a SWA CP as a result of this acquisition. I am a senior SWA FO with more longevity at SWA than you have at AAI...as a SWA CP you gain pay, position and seniority while I "lose nothing". All the gains cannot go to you...the AAI pilots will have to share the gains of this acquisition with the SWA pilots, that is Fair and Equitable.

I'll agree with this.

Latest resources

Back