My response to SWA package!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty,

Let's not talk pay rates without also talking TFP/month or hours/month. The two go hand in hand, right? Our lines are built at 95 - 100 TFP/month right out of the blocks. Trading and open time play puts that number closer to 105 - 110 with same number of days worked. No spin.

Like I said, even using the numbers that SWAPA put out, (I'm looking at 'em) the difference is over $1,000./month more for 10th yr AAI CA than 10th yr SWA FO.

These are SWAPA's numbers. What's to argue?

Yeah. Love they keep comparing our rates of the old contract.

So tell us when your senior FOs would upgrade without Airtran? Without ATs 50 737s on order? You got 2 of them thus year. SWA is ONLY replacing AC.

They may upgrade by 2015? Now with AT, 2012/2013/2014 will see upgrades.

Thoughts. I think the senior FOs would say THANK YOU AT for having those aircraft on order !!

I threw my package in file 13. Its tge same package they gave us last December at the road shows. Waste of alot of money. Fedex says thank you.

Ty,

What part of the numbers below do you not understand?

AAI most senior CA rate 163/hr X 70hr guarantee = 11,410 per month.

SW most senior FO rate 130.24/trip X 87 guarantee = 11,330 per month.

This is using your NEW payrates as well.

Does anyone see the irony here?

Where comparing FO's to CA's here! Unbelievable.

At the end of the year Ty, believe me the FO's W-2 is going to be larger.

Ive never seen a group try so hard to screw up something so good. Ever heard the phrase "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"?

Having just looked at my neighbors SWA/SWAPA packet I see that as a 4 1/2 year F/O I make more than almost 80% of Guadalupe "Captains". You Guadalupe guys should be pissed about this deal. No matter how it turns out. I mean who goes to work to earn money anymore? It's all about the uniform and which way you have to turn your gigantic head in order to see the winglet, right?

Oh and it still sucks here. Bad place to work. Culture is a sham. Lousy work rules. Horrible relationship with management. Don't come here. You will hate it.

Last edited:
Like I said, even using the numbers that SWAPA put out, (I'm looking at 'em) the difference is over $1,000./month more for 10th yr AAI CA than 10th yr SWA FO.

These are SWAPA's numbers. What's to argue?

I am SWA 5th year F/O who is going to make over $200,000 this year. Last year I cleared $178,000

Scarlet,

Its obvious you didn't read the SWA info because you would be thanking SWA for buying AAI instead of asking the SWA pilots to thank you for being bought. You have a lot more to gain in this acquisition than any SWA pilot. SWA acquired AAI to eliminate a competitor not for your aircraft orders...as far as growth goes for AAI, well that went away the day you were sold to SWA.

You are comparing upgrade times at SWA with upgrade time at a smaller,weaker,substantially lower paying carrier. If it was so great at AAI why did so many AAI pilots leave for SWA or had apps on file??

Ty "keepin it real" Webb: Based on DOH you would be very senior SWA FO and you could pick the most productive lines, best vacation months, have the Holiday's off (or work them for holiday pay)...life would be good and if we get the growth the AAI pilots say they are bringing to this deal you would be a SWA CP very soon and then you get the big raise...what do you lose if you are pay protected?

Ty "keepin it real" Webb: Based on DOH you would be very senior SWA FO and you could pick the most productive lines, best vacation months, have the Holiday's off (or work them for holiday pay)...life would be good and if we get the growth the AAI pilots say they are bringing to this deal you would be a SWA CP very soon and then you get the big raise...what do you lose if you are pay protected?

His ego won't allow it. If I were given the same exact option as you lay out, I can honestly say I would jump at the chance. Without hesitation.

Best schedule, best vacation, more pay, and no left seat responsiblity? Throw a re-call to CA in that could be just around the corner? No brainer in my book.

Scarlet,
SWA acquired AAI to eliminate a competitor not for your aircraft orders...as far as growth goes for AAI, well that went away the day you were sold to SWA.

Wow.

No point discussing this any further with you, you're out of your mind. It's like to trying to argue religion with some guy that's wearing a burlap sack outside of a 7-11.

WAIT! Was that you? "Burlap Man?" Holy crap!

:D:D:D:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
His ego won't allow it. If I were given the same exact option as you lay out, I can honestly say I would jump at the chance. Without hesitation.

Best schedule, best vacation, more pay, and no left seat responsiblity? Throw a re-call to CA in that could be just around the corner? No brainer in my book.

You guys sure talk a good game, but it looks like you want our captain seats badly enough to destroy your own company over them. Don't talk to me about ego. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back