• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My response to SWA package!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agreed. The problem is that you guys don't seem to understand that it is a fair and equitable integration of seniority, not pay rates, not days off, not longevity, etc. The arbitrator will seek to implement a list in a way that, to the greatest extent possible, preserves your pre-merger career expectations.

Seriously PCL? Its becoming clearer why your MC had you recalled from the MEC. There are some fundamental facts you just aren't seeing. Maybe at AirTran you simply define your career by what seat you occupy. That demonstrates a very basic difference between the two airlines. Because a career at SWA, or FDX or UPS has literally millions more in value, its just not as simple as you make it.

If pay, QOL, benefits, retirement, etc, were not allowed for consideration, there would be no need for merger committees, or Bond-McCaskill, or even A-M 3 and 13. But those things do matter.

No one is worried about precedence. This is/will be decided on it's own merits. It could happen, be ready. I worry for you Ty, I hope you are ok, mentally. Don't beat on the old lady too much.

For Mr. PLC,

Can you please show per AT's new CBA where you can make a company (AT) intergrate with SWA. If so how do you think this will hold up in federal court if AT went BK? I would like to see facts please.

Read the language yourself. I'm not going to waste my time litigating a scope issue on flightinfo that is never going to come up in the real world. Suffice it to say that yes, the CBA does require a merger, SWA management has agreed to abide by our scope language, and this language has already held up in court in bankruptcy proceedings (research the MAIR bankruptcy case if you're interested).

Have scope languages ever been abrogated? How did that work out for the grieving party?

Scope is good so long as you have a management team willing to abide by it. Scope language written after the fact is just an artifact on paper. Press to test if you believe ALPA lawyers are that good. i think I would take a sure thing rather than depend on ALPA and its crack legal team but that is just me.

Good Luck.

MJack- help out your junior bros man. DOH doesn't work for all the guys that got hired in 2008- it would mean the bottom AT guy would have at least 200 Swapa pilots underneath them at the snapshot.

Wave: You are correct the demographics of the AAI group make DOH a gain at the SWA pilots' expense.

Ty wants to keep his seat...He wants the money, seniority and benefits of being a SWA CP. He wants this even if SWA pilots with DOH senior to him remain SWA FOs...He wins everything and the SWA FOs "lose nothing". I'm thinking Ty was the kid in the sand box that stole all the other guys toys!

AAI has 120ish hires in 2010 before the September snap shot. Just a point of order. I'm sure that still screws CJ for life. Just out of curiosity what does CJ need under him to feel good? 300? 400? What is the CJ number?

Ty wants to keep his seat...He wants the money, seniority and benefits of being a SWA CP. He wants this even if SWA pilots with DOH senior to him remain SWA FOs...He wins everything and the SWA FOs "lose nothing". I'm thinking Ty was the kid in the sand box that stole all the other guys toys!

Ty's going to be very disappointed from what I'm hearing.

Last edited:
AAI has 120ish hires in 2010 before the September snap shot. Just a point of order. I'm sure that still screws CJ for life. Just out of curiosity what does CJ need under him to feel good? 300? 400? What is the CJ number?

I cant speak for him as I have never meet him, but I would like a hot blond whos dad owns a liquor store and a bank. :)

Plus more than 30 AAI new hires since the snapshot plus whatever SW has put on since Jan. (180 or so?)

Straight DOH plus some hefty cash incentives for the SWA guys that take any perceived career damage really seems like an easy way to go. It inflicts some pain on members from both groups and lets everyone quickly move on. Yeah, some of our guys lose the left seat, and yeah the junior SW FO's get riled up....but it's easy and logical and leaves emotion and elitist attitudes at the doorstep.

It also sets a fair precedent for the next mercuisition.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back