Multi time building post

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN FAL,

You're right. The difference between PFT, PFW or PFF and RENTING or BUYING an aircraft is what you can do with it.

I rent, I go where I want, when I want!:)

The other type of flying IS flying where they TELL you, when they TELL you and how they TELL you too. All while PAYING to do it!:eek:

FN FAL said:
Getting multi time can be biatch.

Yep, doesn't mean people have to become one though!

SIDE NOTE: FN FAL, sorry to see your post count lost! I know you were above 7,000!

eP.

Last edited:
ePilot22 said:
FN FAL,

You're right. The difference between PFT, PFW or PFF and RENTING or BUYING an aircraft is what you can do with it.

I rent, I go where I want, when I want!:)

The other type of flying IS flying where they TELL you, when they TELL you and how they TELL you too. All while PAYING to do it!:eek:

Yep, doesn't mean people have to be become one though!

SIDE NOTE: FN FAL, sorry to see your post count lost! I know you were above 7,000!

eP.
You know what is funny? Untill you mentioned it, I never even looked. No kidding.

I think when I get done with college, I'm going to blog or write something...haven't quite got the angle yet, but them 7,000+ posts, plus the 1,200 or so I had under another screen name back in the old days will come in handy as a foundation of writing.

As is, most of my on-line class facilitators have commented that I have a great on-line presense. So I got that going for me. :D

still be willing to PAY when you have 2000, 3000 or more hours? My guess is a definite NO! So why then at 500 or 1000 hours

NO I WOULDN"T PAY at 2000 hours, or 3, because by then I" dbe getting PAID myself!
But at 500 hours, no one's paying me and I"m not going to instruct until I build more experience, so therefore, i'm going to PAY my way to a job and then of course will be gettign paid from then on out.
I't s that simple.
If you people who disagree can't understand it, forget it - do your own thing and take 10 years to get no where.

Read the ENTIRE thread...

John2375 said:
NO I WOULDN"T PAY at 2000 hours, or 3, because by then I" dbe getting PAID myself!
But at 500 hours, no one's paying me and I"m not going to instruct until I build more experience, so therefore, i'm going to PAY my way to a job and then of course will be gettign paid from then on out.
I't s that simple.
If you people who disagree can't understand it, forget it - do your own thing and take 10 years to get no where.

Try this:

Originally Posted by ePilot22
If anyone has a problem with this or any form of paying for training, work or even fuel post it in the CARGO, REGIONAL or MAJOR forum and defend it there! I bet you won't!!! Come on, post a thread "I'm going to build my multi time by PFT" or "PFT it's for me!"

See ya over there!;)

eP.

For everybody else....

gfvalvo said:
I'll give your suggestion all the consideration it is due.

eh. :rolleyes:

agpilot34 said:
"I'd rather be flying, broke, and poor, than rich, fat, and unhappy..."

Dude, you and I have a LOT in common in that statement!! I'm lucky enough to have a seat that pays well, and is good flying, but even if I didnt have it, I'd still rather be flying than anything else. I'd much rather be poor and look forward to going to work everyday, than have lots of money and dread every day at the office. Contrary to what alot of people have been conditioned to think, money IS NOT everything in life!

Great! I was hoping I wasn't the only one left!!! :beer:

FN FAL said:
As is, most of my on-line class facilitators have commented that I have a great on-line presense. So I got that going for me.

You do! And much more!!! I have a feeling you'll get'em (your post count) back! ;)

eP.

Last edited:
By the way....

John2375,

Terrible first post! I hope you're not here to flame bait!:angryfire

eP.

Terrible first post?
Oh let me know why! Because it disagrees with you, that's why.

Here's the deal:
If you do'nt like FPT, DON"T DO IT!
If the industry didn't make it impossible to "break in" then this wouldn't be necessary. It has NOTHING to do w/salaries at the regionals or anythign else and everything to do w/the insurance companies being bass-ackwards as w/so much in this industry.

Who would you rather study ANY subject with - someone who's just starting out in the field, or an experienced person? If you've got a brain in your head, you'd naturally say the experienced one.
So why is it that it's OK and practically required as far as you're concerned, to be a teacher of aviation w/little experience?
There's nothing wrong w/instructing - infact I come from a family of teachers. And maybe BECAUSE of that, I have the highest regard for the teachers, and do not feel qualified YET because I'm still a rookie/inexperienced pilot.
I program such as multiengine.net would be PERFECT for me because you gain enormous multi time a incredible savings, and more so, it would give me some real experience out there. I would much rather be an instructor w/some experience than start my career out that way.
No you never have ALL the experience in something like aviation, but a couple thousand hours sure as hell as better than a couple hundred or so.
If I go and take a few hours of aerobatics and get my CFI for that and so forth, would you study w/me, or w/Sean Tucker if given the choice?
You anti-FPT people think of it as so black and white -Iknow you're gonna say "would you PAY for the privldge of performing at an airshow to be just like Sean?" No of course not - it's Apples/Oranges.
And no I would never pay to go to work as a chauffeur which is what I currently do, but they also don't tell me I need 5 years of professional driving experience but don't make it possible to get that experience.
This is unique to aviation - high requirements with few ways to get there - and if those few ways aren't your strong points (such as teaching) then you're screwed. So screw you then, and as I've found out, despite what you and others will say, interviewers dont care how you got your time. They're not going to not hire you because you paid to advance your career.
You, and others, are just jealous of those who have the financial resources to do so.
Oh and if you're going to continue say it's blackand white, then make sure you start revoking all the NCAA scholarships from those athletes - that's not fair either, is it - some guy has to shell out $20,000/year to go to some school and is good enough to play ball there, but can't make the team because some inner-city dis-advantaged "minority" w/a full scholarship gets first priority.
FPT is unique to aviation, and like I said, if it weren't so difficult to get ahead in the industry, it wouldn't even be an issue.
I don't care if I ever make it to 777 international route Captain w/a $300k/year salary - I just want to fly even if it's for onyl $30k/year for the rest of my life. And a program like multiengine.net will help me get my foot in the door and get hired someplace.

What's interesting is you talk about insurance requirements. At this multi engine PFW deal, their insurance will cover you whether you are getting paid or paying them. You are making it too easy for them to do this by agreeing to pay to work for them.

Slow Down!!

John2375 said:
Here's the deal:If you do'nt like FPT, DON"T DO IT!

Post your PFT, note: PFT, not FPT (cause I have NO idea what FPT is) in the CARGO, REGIONAL or MAJOR forum.

John2375 said:
If the industry didn't make it impossible to "break in" then this wouldn't be necessary. It has NOTHING to do w/salaries at the regionals or anythign else and everything to do w/the insurance companies being bass-ackwards as w/so much in this industry.

Take your rationalization and STFU because you don't make any sense.

TonyC has a great quote for someone like you:

TonyC said:
Say again, your last transmission was stupid and unreadable

John2375 said:
being bass-ackwards

You mean like all your spelling and punctuation. Not that I'm perfect, but slow down and take your time typing, then PROOFREAD your work, please.

Now, I'm done with this discussion! If you hold PFT, that's PFT, so highly, which I don't think you even understand, then post your comments in the "Aviation Interview Board" under CARGO, REGIONAL or MAJOR and express your ideas there.

I hope that's not to difficult for you to understand? And remember it's PFT, ok

eP.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back