Multi time building post

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
imacdog said:
Lilah, yes that's where the imac part comes from. Good catch.

I thought I recognized that Beaver avatar from the RCU website. I'm starting basic IMAC this next season myself. Should be alot of fun.

ePilot22 said:
Where did I say my flight school NEEDED MEIs? Here it is again, why are words I didn't say being put into questions that I'm not going to answer? :confused:

So, I can only assume YOU paid for training, for a job that might, or might not have existed. Should your school pay to train the employees they need, OR look through a list of qualified applicants? (i.e. the way my employer looked at qualified applicants with 100ME)

Is that taking work away from other good pilots, who might have been paid during training to be qualified to do the work? It's a very slippery slope. Be careful.

Lilah

PS> Never flew bigger than YS1.20 sized stuff. A buddy who's still into it, has flown a number of big planes, up to 37%. They say bigger is better...

Last edited:
Here ya go!

Ladies and Gentleman,

Flamebait2375 posted in the CARGO board. Please post your ideas and opinions about PFT here:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=68353

This should help with YOUR understanding of why PFT is hurting our industry.

I have also posted the link to this thread in the CARGO board so that they may post here, thank you Lilah! I hope they do.

Now you can twist the words of others and try and convince them with your rationaliaztion because it hopefully won't be just me any more!

eP.

Come on now....

Lilah said:
take my advice, pull down your pants, and

Ok, I understand that part! :D Would you like to see my imitation of a helicopter? ;)

But really don't leave me hangin' here!!!

eP.

Last edited:
Everyone here has made some great arguments. While I disagree with PFT, it's REALLY hard not to look at how much one would save by doing this:

$6500 for the MEI

$16/hour of instructing an ME a/c. You'll already have 15 hours once you complete your MEI. So you'll need an extra 85 hours to be competitive in todays industry. (16 * 85) = $1360

$6500-$1360 = $5140. Essentially you end up paying $5140 for those 85 hours.

I don't even need to mention the opportunity costs (How long it would take) of instructing your way to those 85 hours, vs. buying the hours.

But to be fair, lets not include the OC and just talk about the hard facts. From the way I look at it, you are paying $5140 for those hours (I think its fair to assume that said pilot would move on to the next step in his career once the 100 hours are hit). I don't know about you, but I would gladly pay $3500 for those 85 hours of ME time. It's not only cheaper, but it saves a lot of time. Now, if the Flight schools decided not to pay their students so poorly, I would justify getting an MEI. In my opinion, both jobs are PFT, unless you want to be a career instructor. My school rents our twin out at 245 an hour, and I would only get 16 an hour? That is a joke. Flight schools paying their MEI's so low is as much of a scam as is paying 35 an hour for making someone else money. But the latter of the two makes more sense financially.

Also, you could avoid both of those scenarios and go to a school like ATP who does a lot of their training in ME a/c. But again, in a way, you are basically paying for ME time. And I'm not saying that students at ATP are PFTers, I'm just saying you can get the same type of training done in SE a/c. And I'll be the first to call myself out, and say that I'm actually considering ATP (But is becoming less and less likely). They seem to be a great outfit, but the main reason I looked into them was because of the Multi time.

And as another person on this board said, the pay in this industry is really bad. It's really hard to justify paying a lot to get a job that doesn't pay much. It would be great to rent a plane with your friends and family, but I don't have that kind of money. But I do have $3500. And I think an MEI would be a great way to go also, but your kidding yourself if you say thats a much more "Honorable" way to earn your hours. You would have to instruct for a long time for that MEI to pay for itself.

I'll admit, I have no where near the experience of any of you guys on this board. So feel free to beat me up over it. There is a definite possibility I could have all my facts messed up. So if I am missing something, please tell me. Its great to read both sides because I am still a student and still making decisions regarding training.

Also, I agree with MAS, in that this is the only time one should partake in PFT.

Anyways, I'm going to bed. Good night

FN FAL said:
As is, most of my on-line class facilitators have commented that I have a great on-line presense. So I got that going for me. :D

I seriously hope that smiley at the end there means that that is a joke and not to be taken seriously... "on-line presence"... haha... commands about as much respect as a telephone assassin...

I took quite a few online classes...some were great... which university you going through...what are you working on?

ePilot22 said:
But really don't leave me hangin' here!!!

eP.

This is a quote from perhaps the most famous (no kidding) American psychologist of all time, Dr. Sidney Freedman. His wisdom is largely unknown to this generation, but go back 20 years and his name was known in every household. His quote suggested not taking the world too seriously, and was said twice to say "goodbye".

It seems we have withstood the onslaught of logic and resulting conflagration from the masses in Majors, Freight, and Cargo, and this thread has died a quiet death. My views are not as extreme as 2375, and I wish we could all have a cold beer together on a warm beach sometime after a long, prosperous, and happy career of flying. Good luck to you all.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants, and slide on the ice."

Lilah

Brrrr!!!

Lilah said:
"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants, and slide on the ice."

Ah, shrinkage?! :rolleyes: I'd perfer the helicopter, thanks!

Lilah said:
I wish we could all have a cold beer together on a warm beach sometime after a long, prosperous, and happy career of flying.

Anytime! :beer: Just no warm beers on a cold beach though, ok!! :D

MAS said:
I seriously hope that smiley at the end there means that that is a joke and not to be taken seriously... "on-line presence"... haha... commands about as much respect as a telephone assassin...

Oh, FN FAL does have a great on-line presense!!! And if you want to compare him to a telephone assassin, then just remember to duck everytime your phone rings!! :)

eP.

Latest resources

Back