• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MSNBC: A CAL captain just died in flight. Plane making an emergency landing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Being that the rule changed in Dec 07 the oldest are approaching 62. We have no statistics yet. If you are talking about civilians you are talking apples and asparagus. They do not have the circadian disruptions over a lifetime we do. Our domestic schedules are bad enough(6am dept. day 1, 14hr duty day, 3pm the next with a 7-8 hr duty day followed up with a 8-9 hour layover then another 14hr day. Intl. is a whole different animal. Going thru whale training a few years ago the IP made a comment that stuck with me:(fatigue is the most challanging part of this airplane) coming from domestic I thought he was another whining WB guy. Boy was I wrong. Point is you cannot compare us to the general population.

Corporate guys have been flying ultra-long haul for some time now with no age restrictions.

I am sure they have. But I also bet that they have much longer time to rest at the destination then their airline peers. (not always the case I'm sure but on average) Also, I would bet that over a career that the airline pilot flys more days, legs, hours etc than all but a few corporate/frac pilots.

Corporate guys have been flying ultra-long haul for some time now with no age restrictions.

Sorry, but that is meaningless and inconsequential. Look no further than Trade-A-Plane at the hours and cycles on corporate airplanes. The records are part of the values and those airplanes don't fly much. Especially the ultra-long haul types.

Last edited:
Seriously?! On duty? Initials please, if you don't mind?

Flop...go to the Flight Operations website, then the eBulletin board, the Company posted the instructor's name. You should find him there. Take care,

fb

The europeans have been doing this for a bit longer than us and have had no deaths as of yet. What I think you are going to see is more stringent medical standards for all of us and that would be a good thing. The age 65 thing is going to go back.

The europeans have been doing this for a bit longer than us and have had no deaths as of yet. What I think you are going to see is more stringent medical standards for all of us and that would be a good thing. The age 65 thing is going to go back.

Yes, well, in Europe they also do things like ban together in extraordinary circumstances. Like when it becomes imperative to get pitot tubes fixed.

Get your head out of your butt. Yes, medical will probably change. But there should be an equal effort at improving work rules.

How can you compare americans errrr fat people to europeans. Europeans drink more than your standard fish and smoke more than a finely tuned diesel truck. Ohh wait...nevermind!

Here's too more stringent medical standards and a much needed memory comprehension test for EVERYONE. Damn..I just screwed myself:pimp:

Latest resources

Back