• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Moving USAPA Forward

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How can we bring these two groups together as a unified voice??
Easy. Vote for Sane, rational leadership...AKA ERIC AND JEFF. If you want to follow the exact same path that got you locked into LOA93 for years longer than anybody ever expected, got you a permanent Injunction, that wasted millions and millions of dollars in pointless law suits then vote for Bill McKee and his Cronies.

There is only one choice to move fwd. Vote West.

Voting for West pilots is not a vote for the Nicolau. It is a vote for a change in leadership away from the miserable quagmire of the last 3 years. The pilots will still have their vote on a TA that will include the Nicolau, as they would whether or not a west pilot held the Presidency.

I that heard from several USAir pilots that there cannot be another merger until this senority is resolved.
Is this true? I find it hard to believe.

"Unity" sounds great as a political battle cry... But I think to truly be successful, we as a pilot group need to find a way to achieve TRUE UNITY within our ranks to combat our mutual "enemy"... Management... I think any true leader that can unify this severly polarized pilot group will have to realize the "real" soultion is somewhere between the two extremes... But neither side seems willing to explore that territory... Why??

I will give you that there are some "Whack-jobs" on the East, but you must also realize and admit that there is an equal number of them on the West side... The vocal minority... they are present on both sides...

It's easy to talk about who is right and both can give convincing arguments as to why...

I don't engage in this banter on this site pitting East against West... I just look at what I can verify...

AMEN. I couldn't agree with you more. Both sides have their fringe lunatics that just like to disrupt and destroy. No doubt about that.

As for how to bring the group together -- the first, and easiest way is to appoint both East and West pilots to all of the committees together, regardless of their positions on the seniority issue. Reconstitute a JNC with 3 East and 3 West members. When these guys work together (and keep their fights private) we will see unity begin to emerge.

The second step is a little harder, but it is to build trust between the groups. That comes through transparent union meetings (videoed, live feed, etc). It also involves getting more people from both sides to attend domicile meetings and BPR meetings. Like I said, that is a harder thing to accomplish (as normally the whack-jobs love to attend meetings and most rational people would rather get a root canal). But, it can be done.

It is not an easy process, nor will it be a quick one. But the wounds will be healed over time, that is if we want to move forward and get a better contract, that includes a lot more than just Section 22.

Andy

I that heard from several USAir pilots that there cannot be another merger until this senority is resolved.
Is this true? I find it hard to believe.

That is pure speculation. Could this disfunction disrupt a merger? Sure. But can it outright prevent one? No way. The men with the money will ultimately do what is best for themselves. Period. To think we control the airline's destiny (by controlling whether or not we can prevent a merger) is lunacy on our part. We might be able to influence it, but we can't control it...

Just my two cents...

I encourage every East pilot on here to set aside your feelings about NIC or the West for 5 minutes and 30 seconds and watch the video on their site.
Andy

You do realize one of those guys is about 100 numbers from the bottom out West.

Under the Nic award he jumps to 2300 and can hold 737 Captain out East.

You do realize one of those guys is about 100 numbers from the bottom out West.

Under the Nic award he jumps to 2300 and can hold 737 Captain out East.

What are each of those persons pay rate?

The 100 from the West bottom FO vs. #2300 East 73 Cpt?

"Unity" sounds great as a political battle cry... But I think to truly be successful, we as a pilot group need to find a way to achieve TRUE UNITY within our ranks to combat our mutual "enemy"....

Simple. Support the constitution and bylaws of the elected union.. or don't and shut the pie hole about unity. Just saying..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back