Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Moving up to management

Beware of anyone that aspires to anything more than 19 days off a month.

Oh -- and bobsledders.

Sickening. No one should put their company first. Family, God, friends, etc... come far before the danged company.

Shouldn't God be before family? He might be a bit miffed at you.

Shouldn't God be before family? He might be a bit miffed at you.
Well, yeah, but I wasn't putting them in order. :) Just a list of things that are far more important than the frickin' company.

Was wondering what it would take to eventually move up to airline management once hired as a pilot at a major?

If you had an MBA and happened to be flying for several years, how hard would it be to get involved in the corporate side of things? If you did, could you still fly a little?

I am thinking about getting an MBA and could see doing that if I was able.

Thanks.

Join the union negotiating committee (or greivance committee or any other way you can get some inside scoop) and work a deal with the company to screw your fellow pilots for a cushy mgmt position.

It works at CAL.

Did you become a pilot to fly or sit behind a desk? That was asked of me when I once considered the 'dark side'.

Go get the MBA. It is a good idea to have a back-up plan to hedge against unforeseen set backs. I got one in '98 and it was a great experience.

Jim

BTW to expect any reasonalbe answers on this site is not realistic. Here management and the anti-christ are the same thing.

Don't be ridiculous. No reasonable person could compare the anti-Christ and management, that is very disrespectful to the anti-Christ.

...can't believe no one beat me to it.:laugh:

Why would you want to join that scumbag pack of thieves?

Because the political arena is already full?

Somewhat seriously, if this person is an honorable man and has some smarts and leadership capabilities, then why not? Isn't that what management is sorely lacking? I do agree though this may be flame bait.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back