Moving to Denver

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KnightwhosaysNi

Any info on good neighborhoods in the Denver area to live. Looking more for good places for families with younger children--Also, within 2 hours of DIA preferrably.

Thanks

Lots of new communities sprouting up between Denver and Colorado Springs. Out in the plains might be an easier road trip in to DEN though. Less expensive than the Boulder area.

Evergreen, Wheatridge, Arvada, Westminster, Golden and the peoples republic of Boulder (born and raised there, probably explains a lot:) Are good places, the costs have gotten out of hand. Still it’s a good place to raise a family.

What kind of price range are you looking at? I have a good friend out there that is in the Mortgage Business, and has a pilot that works for him doing some loans. I'd be more than happy yo put you in touch with him. I use to live in Castle Rock when I flew out of Centennial. Good schools, affordable (well for Denver). Or Parker, same deal. If you would prefer to live in the plains, and want to save some cash there is Elizabeth. If you have kids I would try to stay away from Downtown. Denver has a beautiful downtown, but the downtown schools have the same problems that every down town has. Drop a line here or PM me.

KnightwhosaysNi said:
Any info on good neighborhoods in the Denver area to live. Looking more for good places for families with younger children--Also, within 2 hours of DIA preferrably.

Thanks

Excellent Denver Real Estate agent - Kris Berton, Kentwood Realty, 303-331-1400. [email protected]

If you need a money guy - Matt Hanson, Sierra Funding 303-300-8601. [email protected]

I have used them both and found them to be extremely good! They can give you the skinny on just about everything.

JD

Alot of pilots live out in the south and southeast of DIA in parker, castle rock, and highlands ranch. For public schools, douglas county schools are good, they pay the highest so they get their pick of teachers.

Check out the north end of town. Westminster and Broomfield. They are expanding like crazy to the north. Nice new neighborhoods and out of the way of city traffic. E-470 (Tollway) is close by. Doesn't take but maybe 15 mins to get to DIA from I-25 using the tollway.

Stay away from Thornton. The schools aren't as great there.
you can pm me if you would like more info. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back