Moving to Denver

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Welcome to the Mile High City!

If your goal is to live within a two hour drive of KDEN than you have your pick of just about any place in the greater Metro Denver area.

Growth abounds in Denver and so do high housing prices. A cursory check of http://www.zillow.com shows that most family homes are easily 250K+. Many entirely new neighborhoods are springing up each day it seems.

I am partial to the Arvada/Westminster area because I grew up there. Golden is very nice, too. Watch out for the traffic south of Denver proper in cities such as Englewood, Littleton, Centennial, and Parker. Beware of T-Rex (Denverites get it). The commute from the north side of town to the airport is likely easier than the commute from the south side of town.

To stay within a two hour drive you could go as far north as Longmont or as far south as Colorado Springs; both of those may be a stretch, especially with poor road conditions.

Some new neighborhoods might worth a look including Stapleton (at the site of the old airport) or Reunion (very close to the airport). Many cities on the east and northeast sides of town, though close to the airport are not the pick of the litter. I am not a fan of Commerce City, Aurora, or Brighton.

Wherever you choose to nest we welcome you... as long as you are not from Texas or California (again, Denverites get it). Seriously -- welcome to town. There are plenty of CFIs, Lakers (GLA), and F9 drivers on this board that call Denver home.

Oh, and MTV's The Real World is being filmed here this year. Yeah.

I second - Kentwood Realty, 303-331-1400, thoese guys are really good. Their are alot of pilots that live in Reunion (about 15 min to the employee lot), i think the schools are Brighton

Flyingtoohigh said:
as long as you are not from Texas

thank you for reinforcing my belief that i made the right move when i left denver. cheers.

roundout said:
thank you for reinforcing my belief that i made the right move when i left denver. cheers.

I'll help him re-enforce the point. As long as you are not from Texas or California, you will be welcome. Denverites get it.

dojetdriver said:
I'll help him re-enforce the point. As long as you are not from Texas or California, you will be welcome. Denverites get it.

I'm from both Texas AND California now living near the People's Republic. I get it AND I think it's stupid.

FL420 said:
I'm from both Texas AND California now living near the People's Republic. I get it AND I think it's stupid.

Do you fall into one of the two groups;

1. The Texan that comes up to CO and thinks they can hunt on private property without asking? The Texan that comes to CO to ski and thinks they own the ski resort?

2. The Californian that comes to CO and complains about how everything is CA is sooo much better? The sad part being that you moved out of CA because it's overcrowded and getting worse and you can get way more house for your money without the traffic hassels in CO. You start off bitching with "I'm from California, and in California........"

If one of these two describes you, you are stupid. If you do not fall into one of these two groups, then be happy your not one of those idiots.

Alot of people in Washington state have the same opionion by the way.

thing that bugged me most was how much everyone who claimed to be "native" CO professed that they dislike all texans and californians. enjoy your overcrowded, overpriced burg.

roundout said:
thing that bugged me most was how much everyone who claimed to be "native" CO professed that they dislike all texans and californians. enjoy your overcrowded, overpriced burg.

Good point. However, I am a native, second generation.

Latest resources

Back