• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Moving to Denver

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am a native boulder-rite, and I moved to Texas. The horror, I even eat meat and smoke cigars. O no. Cats and dogs living together, when will it ever stop.

Last edited:
The best thing about living in Colorado is, using a restroom after a native has used it. There is that wonderful scent of columbines that they leave behind:rolleyes: .

My husband and I moved here a year ago from Seattle and found ourselves in Highlands Ranch. Having 3 small children, I have never seen a place more dedicated to children than here. We have opted to stay here even though his airline lost the base here. He would rather commute than move the children from here. You should look here and take a good look at the 4 huge community centers and all they have to offer for kids. The only other place I would like to live is Boulder...bet the location we would want to live is too much $$$. Good Luck...and don't rule out HR. I have found it easy, as a mother not knowing anyone who is alone often, to make friends...and genuine friends.

Pilots-wife.

BTW...it is only 45 minutes to the airport. Either the toll road...no traffic or highway.

I just moved out of Denver, and miss it already....

If you have a wife and kids try to find a place in Littleton. It's about 20 mins from Downtown, and 45 from the airport. My (ex) gf used to live there, I used to live right downtown for a while. I love Denver, great city. Or maybe find a place down town (bring some cash with you though!)

view from my old place : http://myspace-994.vo.llnwd.net/00380/49/92/380202994_l.jpg

dont go to much north or east (DIA) from Denver, unless your Spanish is good....
Some areas in Aurora are nice, but some places are... nasty atleast.

have fun.

Last edited:
roundout said:
thank you for reinforcing my belief that i made the right move when i left denver. cheers.

I'll second my Denver homies. I'll help them re-enforce the point. As long as you are not from Texas or California, you will be welcome. Denverites get it. ;)

FD

I grew up in Highlands Ranch/south Denver area. Went to HR high school and moved to FL after graduation. That was a decade ago and out of all the cities I have lived since then, I've yet to find one that remotely compares to HR in terms of quality and community involvement. I have a 18 month old son and I am dreading the day I have to put him into the FL public school system.

Need to find a reason to move back.

Latest resources

Back