• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Most embarassing moment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First day of a 3 day trip, climbing into the cargo compartment on an ATR, my foot slips and my right hip pocket catches on the latch as I go down. Needless to say, the latch won the battle, and rips my pants from the waist to the knee on the right side. In front of all the passengers looking out the windows on C concourse in ATL. Walked back to the terminal holding them together, finished the trip with duct tape holding them together.

We got a reposition dispatch. Captain was in the sh!tter, told me to go get it (dc-4) started. First time starting by myself. Everyone watching. Hit the start switch, primer, mags, like I knew what I was doing. Then, BANG. The loudest backfire you've ever heard. Tried to start again, BANG. Sevral more attempts to no avail lead me to re-think my proceedure. **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** fuel valve was off. I was embarassed for a week...

We were doing an empty leg in the Brasilia and I was the FO. The FA was in the back of the aircraft cleaning up when we finished our paperwork so I figured I'd be nice and close the door for her. I'm standing there holding the button as the door comes up (thinking, man I'm a nice guy), unfortunately not realizing my head sticks up higher than the stopping point of the door.

The door, which moves rather quickly, slams down on my head knocking me into the lav. Little tweety birds and stars were all I could see after that one. Luckily there were only two witnesses to that one...They both got a good laugh after checking to see if I was OK.

I was at OTP flying Marines from OTP back home. The plane had just come in from KWI and I was going to take it to BGR. The cargo net in the rear bay hadn't gotten fastened properly so all the bags had slid to the back. I jumped up in the cargo bay as was pulling the rucksacks out. All of the sudden the one I was pulling on broke loose and I was airborne. It is about an eight foot fall and I thought about a lot of things as I fell. I managed to spin around and use the rucksack to break my fall. After the fall I opened my eyes to 6 Marines looking at me, they said, man that was ugly. The medic checked me out and said I was at least 50% and he'd fly home with me. So away we went. Maybe I should have gone to the Hospital at Bucharest, all those beautiful nurses....sorry, that was another dream.

Re: Big Mess

FlyJordan said:
I might have put it all over the plane rather than my shirt, just take a hose to the plane and it will be good as new, but either way that just sucks. I have never had that problem but I always carry a few sick sacks in my flight bag in case passengers get sick.

Really should have said all over THE INSIDE of the airplane. Everyone says that no matter how far you stick your head out the window, it is still coming back because of the wind stream and the difference in cabin/outside air pressure.

After that, I don't leave home without them sick sacks either. A passenger, student, or maybe me (again) may need it someday.

"Most embarassing moment"

I farted real loud at Arby's one time. It was a total surprise to me. The sound resonated off of the fiberglass seat. A group of eight people laughed uncontrollably. My face was so red it felt like it was on fire.
I sneezed once and snot flew out of my nose and just hung there. I had nothing to wipe my nose with and people stared.
Then there was that time I went in the girls bathroom by mistake. Just about the time I began to take a leak a waitress walked in.

Making taxi calls on guard. Once was on my second or third flight lesson, and once was... just the other day. Gah...

El Cóndor said:
Everyone says that no matter how far you stick your head out the window, it is still coming back because of the wind stream and the difference in cabin/outside air pressure.

This man speaks the truth. Been there, done that, picked the puke out of my hair. I had a brand new CFI certificate in my pocket, and another CFI was flying the airplane. After about an hour tossing around in the summer bumps, I tried to let fly out the window, and he, I, and the airplane all got to wear the vomit for the next hour to the destination. Somehow "I'm sorry" just doesn't cut it.

For some reason, mine all occurred before even getting into the air. . .

1. Starting to taxi when our forward momentum suddenly stopped(tail tiedown).

2. Starting to taxi with the nose cowl door open.

3. Walking head first into a flap during preflight.

4. Taxing all the way out to the end of the runway with the baggage door open on the C-172. Our company aircraft(doing their run-up next to us) politely made us aware of our situation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back