• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Union Busting at NWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is there any word on how many scab mechanics are signing up for permanent jobs at NWA??

Outsourcing F/A jobs to the lowest bidder, no matter what country will only work, till NWA has an accident or incident and the domestic American customer can not understand them and they don't get people out. ( I am not wishing this upon them.) This will create alot of press and investigation.

Is Skeenland a minature Lorenzo or what?????

I know that legacy have to find away to cut costs, but an F/A already makes about what an average person makes at McDonalds. How much lower are they going to go. They already qualify for food stamps.

This is going to get real interesting.

Basically, another happy day.

320AV8R

Last edited:
COpilot said:
Has anyone seen what happened to the Merchant Marine in this country? There are no Americans that I know of crewing all those large ships in our harbors.

Wrong again!

densoo said:
This is so outrageous that it seemed initially like a spoofed newstory from The Onion.[/font]

Maybe. But ya gotta admit - the quality of in-flight service will drastically improve...and that's a good thing.

I have seen ad's in the Houston paper from NWA looking for FA's. That whole thing makes me sick. I just flew out of MSP last week. It was pathetic to see those scabs in the yellow school bus. I saw them driving in and getting dropped off just outside the Hangar. Watching them hiding their faces as they go through the parking lots. I wish those guys on strike all the BEST !!! I was on strike for about a month when driving for UPS. I know how they feel but I have to say atleast our pilots supported us and walked out also. Kind of makes a big difference when the company gets totally shut down.

Good luck too everyone at NWA

iflyhigh said:
Is Skeenland a minature Lorenzo or what?????

He worked under Lorenzo back in the heyday, as did Richard Anderson.
I think STEENLAND could be more evil than Lorenzo, especially now that he sees the unions dont back each other up. Doesnt WORTHLESS sit side by side with STEENLAND on a congressional hearing? Makes me sick!

cya

To All,

I just finished watching a documentary on the Discovery channel about terroist. One interesting point struck like a hammer. Woman are accepted into the ranks of suicide bombers.
If NWA is truely going to hand over the keys of the flight deck, and security procedures to foregin empolyee because of cost savings....I am sure they will complete a backround check with equal care.
Someone,anyone....please tell me this is not true!
What is next? Outsourcing nuclear power plant controls to N Korean engineers, because they work for less! I am sure with computers. It could be accomplished.

I usally don't hit on politicial issues, and I am not the alarmist type,but this stinks to high heaven.

Have a Happy
infoman.

You CAN and WILL be replaced.

I would be surprised if there are any union chest-thumpers out there that actually BELIEVE their organization gives them job security.

Unions had their day....they scored great in the good times, and they'll crash-and burn in the bad times.

What goes around, comes around.

Ultra,

If you read what I posted. You would discover I was asking about SECURITY. America's economy has a hard enough time dealing with mother nature let alone terroist attacks. I am sure Al Kaida would be happy to fly all our jets, as well as, any high security job we can outsource. Hell why not just dispose of all those pesk spent nuclear fuel rods from our power plants to the terroist. I am sure the can find ingenious ways to dispose of them. Hell anyway too turn a buck.

I will ask the question again. Does this form of outsourcing jepordize security?

Have a Happy!
infoman

Latest resources

Back