More Union Busting at NWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fearlees,

If memory serves me right. Bill C. signed NAFTA into law. So my guess is that the "mothers milk" of politics won both parties over.

So I ask again. Does outsourcing jepordize security?

Have a Happy.
infoman

infoman said:
Fearlees,

If memory serves me right. Bill C. signed NAFTA into law. So my guess is that the "mothers milk" of politics won both parties over.

So I ask again. Does outsourcing jepordize security?

Have a Happy.
infoman

Yes. When you outsource any work you sacrifice some of your control over that particular group. The employee does not work for you, but rather for the company that is working for you.

infoman said:
I will ask the question again. Does this form of outsourcing jepordize security?

Have a Happy!
infoman

Of course it does. Just in the same way the airlines have outsourced airport security over the years. That's a big reason we're in this mess.

Do you really believe that the same reject doing airport security with a brand new USA FLAG on their shirt provides the same level of security as, say, the US military.

Of course not.

Proper ethnic and racial profiling, AT the airport level, will do more to enhance security than anything else.

If we're not willing to do that, it doesn't matter who the cabin crews are. Out sourced or not!

Clyde,

If a company that works for "me?" has instituted cost savings by choosing a cheaper foregin labor force. I can bet you a dollar to a dime that they will not complete a thorough backround check. This is the security breach of the year. Ideology does not present itself with a finger print check.

Have a Happy
infoman

Ultra,

Thanks for rereading my post.
Yes. You are right about the layers of people invoved in security, but I sure hope that the crews wether cabin or flight deck can be the last line we can count on.

Have a Happy.
infoman

Gotta love the Republicans! Bust those unions!

Y'all voted for George Bush! What did you expect? He think's (does George Bush actually think?) outsourcing is good!

GWB = eight years of HE11

All you Republican bashers might want to check your facts on NWA. Both Al Checchi and Wilson are Democrats, in fact Al Checci ran for the Democratic nomination for Governor of California against Grayout Davis. NWA's top lobbyist in DC just happens to be the wife of former Senator Tom Daschle of South Dakota (she was working for NWA while he was majority leader as well). Also when Clinton had his big BBQ fundraiser a few years back (the one where Robin Williams made butt out of himself) the two big corporate sponsors were NWA and Delta.

Wow, I bet the AFA is browning their pants right now....
NWA FAs are with the PFA not AFA. AFA is talking about an organizing drive at NWA, however.

What did the NWA FAs and pilots expect when they allowed management to hire scabs to replace the mechanics? If they are smart, they will all walk if NWA management tries to make these replacements permanent. Even though they may not like each other, the pilots, FAs, and mechanics are going to have to work together, or management will cut them apart piecemeal.

I can hear it now......welcome abord Northwest flight XXXX 787 service to Tokyo/Narita operated by Mesa Airlines.........

If NWAs pilots think this won't happen to them they are living in a dream world. NWA is perfecting their technique on the mechanics and FAs. When they're done the pilots will be next..........

I agree, that all the other labor groups should have seen this coming once the mechanics were replaced. Gonna be an interesting few months.

Latest resources

Back