More Union Busting at NWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MECH said:
Clinton did force the AA pilots back to work. But Bush had not appointed any new members to the NMB when the Comair strike occured. The people he has appointed to the NMB are very anti labor. In a job were you need a neutral party to over see negotiations we have some one very biased towards the companies position.

This has hurt all transportation unions!!! If you do some research the people that Bush has appointed to the NMB do not have the best qualifications for this position. Much like the person he put in charge of FEMA. It is time that these positions are filled with professionals and not people that are being rewarded for political favors.
Hey liberal dude, where were you when International Paper was locking out it's unions in the name of outsourcing and global competition back in the 80's?

I know where you were, you were a gleam in your mom and dad's eyes when that liberal lake woebegone ass Garrison Keilor was making the IP commercials on TV, while IP locked it's papermakers out of jobs.

Welcome to the 1980's dude.

NWA pilots and F/As refused to support the Mechanics. Way to go guys, I'm sure your managment appreciates your lack of involvement. Fecal matter rolls downhill. NWA is fast becoming a boil on the derriere of aviation.

Hey Master Shake,
What is becoming a boil on the a$$ of aviation is everybody blaiming everybody else for the fact that "our profession" is going down hill. I see you are an rj pilot. You have 1600 hours so you have been flying for a couple years. You fly people around in 50 seat jets taking miserable pay in the hopes that you can take my job (which you could certainly do--no doubt about it) and make a decent wage with benefits. Because we pilots at NWA listened to ALPA (remember this is our labor union) and did not strike, you call us names having done no research on how this came down.
I've got to tell you that from my perspective, fecal matter rolls uphill.

dashocho said:
As you can see, I rarely post here, but I am curious how Gore or Kerry would have changed things. The laws are all in place, but somehow it is the evil George Bush that gets the finger here. What law did he enact or create during his time in office that made it worse?

How about the bankruptcy laws that have gone into effect that are essentially corprate welfare that allows dead corporations to operate and "compete.

You idiots at NWA deserve what you get.

Hey Turbodriver,
I think you need to look at the BK laws that have been signed into law under the Bush admin. These are the tough laws that Delta and NWA are trying to avoid. These are anti corporate welfare laws. I do not mind you bashing Bush if you can back it up but that one was a non starter. I am at NWA and calling us idiots and telling us we get what we deserve seems to need more explanation.

Deli Guy said:
Hey Turbodriver,
I think you need to look at the BK laws that have been signed into law under the Bush admin. These are the tough laws that Delta and NWA are trying to avoid. These are anti corporate welfare laws. I do not mind you bashing Bush if you can back it up but that one was a non starter. I am at NWA and calling us idiots and telling us we get what we deserve seems to need more explanation.

You want an explination? Ok. In short, you guys should have supported your mechanics. By not doing so, you and every other union at NWA sent a message to management that "union busting is ok."

Therefore, you get what you deserve.

I'm for union solidarity, etc...

And I hate the Walmartification of the US workplace....

BUT

AMFA was on crack. NW would dissapear completely if it was required to keep paying aircraft cleaners the kind of wages and bennies that they were getting, and the mechanics contiuned to be as unproductive as they were.

Granted, NW management are a bunch of pricks, but things have to change dramaticly. It would be nice if this was more like AA, but it's not. Then perhaps the other unions would have joined the pilots to make some changes to save everyones jobs. But they didn't.

If the pilots supported AMFA, NW would have declared Ch11 the same day, and AMFA still would have lost their ass. Some of them would have kept their jobs, however. But that was AMFA leaderships choice to loose everyones job AND the severence package.

Deli Guy said:
Hey Master Shake,
What is becoming a boil on the a$$ of aviation is everybody blaiming everybody else for the fact that "our profession" is going down hill. I see you are an rj pilot. You have 1600 hours so you have been flying for a couple years. You fly people around in 50 seat jets taking miserable pay in the hopes that you can take my job (which you could certainly do--no doubt about it) and make a decent wage with benefits. Because we pilots at NWA listened to ALPA (remember this is our labor union) and did not strike, you call us names having done no research on how this came down.
I've got to tell you that from my perspective, fecal matter rolls uphill.

I've done my homework. There is bad blood between the mechanics and pilots. It's really too bad...but in times like these unity between employees should matter more. NWA ALPA made a poor choice by not supporting the mechanics. Your management is slowly dismantling your airline. That is truly tragic.

I've called no one names, so let's keep facts straight. I earn a decent living and have good QOL. Don't think that eveyone in my position wants YOUR job. I sure don't.

turbodriver said:
You want an explination? Ok. In short, you guys should have supported your mechanics. By not doing so, you and every other union at NWA sent a message to management that "union busting is ok."

Therefore, you get what you deserve.

This statement hits the nail on the head.

Latest resources

Back