More New Hires at FedEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nightrider said:
3.) Which leads to reason 3, they were making lawndarts out of so many a/c that they grudgingly needed civilians to keep the military guys out of the grass.
I was removed from a trip just last week because they couldn't find a civilian Second Officer to keep an eye on me and the ex-Navy FO. Boy am I glad, because I know we would have ended up in the grass if left on our own. I'm so glad you explained to us why they put that restriction in the FOM - - now it makes perfect sense.

:rolleyes:

That is an utterly ridiculous thing to say. Do you even have any idea what the backgrounds were of the pilots involved in ANY of our hull losses? The DC-10 that burned in Newburgh? The MD-11 that rolled at Newark? The MD-11 that swam in Subic? The 727 that landed short in Tallahassee? The MD-10 that went "4-wheelin'" in Memphis? If civilian pilots is the answer to the problem, then I suppose the last one didn't really happen.

Have your opinions about Brown vs. Purple, or military vs. civilian, or whatever vs. whomever, but when you start making accusations such as this you speed right by "not funny" and well into the realm of unprofessional. I think we can behave better than that, don't you?

I have to agree with TonyC on this. I was in the Army, an enlisted guy so not in "the club" of officers. I fly at an airline that for many years hired mostly military guys and then went through a switch and hired mostly civilian trained pilots. Now things seem 50-50 in the recent classes. I have seen some really great military pilots and I have seen some that made me question some IP's judgement but no more than I have thought about some Civil trained pilots. My observation has also been that I usually don't care to hang out with the "in the club" types anyways. As for blue or brown I would love to work for either but without a 4yr degree Brown is the only chance I have. I would not even consider either one except for the changes going on at World have me thinking about warming up the re'sume again.

This whole thing just seems like a silly argument.....

Just my humble opinion and if you find yourself in Humpy's or F-steet I buy the first round or two.............................

I've got a bud asking me lots of questions. He starts here shortly at our illustrious Purple airline, and all this contract/strike talk on flightinfo has got him pretty wigged out. I'm still a probationary dude and don't have the answers to his questions, but what happens to the new hires in class if the rock fight escalates into marching? Are the new hires ALPA? Do they skip class? Stay in class, get trained, and then join us? Anyone?

MAGNUM!! said:
I've got a bud asking me lots of questions. He starts here shortly at our illustrious Purple airline, and all this contract/strike talk on flightinfo has got him pretty wigged out. I'm still a probationary dude and don't have the answers to his questions, but what happens to the new hires in class if the rock fight escalates into marching? Are the new hires ALPA? Do they skip class? Stay in class, get trained, and then join us? Anyone?
Tell him to not worry about it - - focus on plumbing. When the time comes, ALPA will provide all the information he will need. There will be absolutely NOBODY left wondering what they're supposed to do.

For the record, the only rock fight in progress is the one that resides in the mind of the SCP.

Hi!

I was a military pilot, and you're right, I couldn't think outside the box.

I always liked women too much.

Cliff
HEF

MAGNUM!! said:

He'll be CA before any of that goes down.......we are still a couple of years from crossing that bridge. We probably won't have an agreement till early 2007......and thats wishful thinking on my part.

Well I am still hopefull. Did the CP interview and have 3 letters of Rec but still nothing. All the guys who were did the CP interview that day are all online by now, I was the only civie. But then I just had a military friend interview and not get it so I suppose there is no reason for who is getting in.
I figured the CP interview was supposed to make the actual interview a sure thing, maybe not.

Lrjet55 said:
Well I am still hopefull. Did the CP interview and have 3 letters of Rec but still nothing. All the guys who were did the CP interview that day are all online by now, I was the only civie. But then I just had a military friend interview and not get it so I suppose there is no reason for who is getting in.
I figured the CP interview was supposed to make the actual interview a sure thing, maybe not.

The CP must have found out you were a Gator fan:rolleyes: Keep the faith bro' ........everything happens for a reason.

Latest resources

Back