More New Hires at FedEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MAGNUM!! said:
I've got a bud asking me lots of questions. He starts here shortly at our illustrious Purple airline, and all this contract/strike talk on flightinfo has got him pretty wigged out. I'm still a probationary dude and don't have the answers to his questions, but what happens to the new hires in class if the rock fight escalates into marching? Are the new hires ALPA? Do they skip class? Stay in class, get trained, and then join us? Anyone?

Part of this is easy to answer. When do FedEx pilots get a line number? First day of class, first flight, or after checkout? Once you have a number you will stay senior to those hired after you.

Marching orders should consider the above.

So if you don't have any military experience, don't know anyone at FDX, and all you have is 121 and 135 experience your chances go waaaaayyyyy down for getting hired right?

FlyBoeingJets said:
When do FedEx pilots get a line number? First day of class, first flight, or after checkout?
Day one of Basic Indoctrination.

Jeepman said:
So if you don't have any military experience, don't know anyone at FDX, and all you have is 121 and 135 experience your chances go waaaaayyyyy down for getting hired right?

Let me edit that to make it a true statement:

So if you don't know anyone at FDX, your chances go waaaaayyyyy down for getting hired!

:)

TonyC said:
So if you don't know anyone at FDX, your chances go waaaaayyyyy down for getting hired!

:)

I'd say your chances are pretty much nil if you don't know someone at FDX AND have flown with them. I tried to sign up a guy for meet-n-greet and was given the thumbs down because I hadn't flown with him. I know there are exceptions to the rule out there but fewer and fewer exceptions these days.

A buddy of mine tried to set up a meet & greet with Jack Lewis office in MEM but since I only have one letter of rec not the three...I was told they where not willing to meet with me. I have all the quailifactions and some B727 PIC time, FO & FE in B727...yet I do not make the cut, since I do not 3 LOR's. Please, no flame bait here, just how can I get an opportunity to present myself?

b727captain said:
A buddy of mine tried to set up a meet & greet with Jack Lewis office in MEM but since I only have one letter of rec not the three...I was told they where not willing to meet with me. I have all the quailifactions and some B727 PIC time, FO & FE in B727...yet I do not make the cut, since I do not 3 LOR's. Please, no flame bait here, just how can I get an opportunity to present myself?

How about UPS or Astar?

Do they have to be internal LOR from current pilots, or can a retiree submit one also?

TonyC said:
I

That is an utterly ridiculous thing to say. Do you even have any idea what the backgrounds were of the pilots involved in ANY of our hull losses? The DC-10 that burned in Newburgh? The MD-11 that rolled at Newark? The MD-11 that swam in Subic? The 727 that landed short in Tallahassee? The MD-10 that went "4-wheelin'" in Memphis? If civilian pilots is the answer to the problem, then I suppose the last one didn't really happen.

The Newburgh pilots landed and stopped safely. Got off the plane and when the fire department in their infinite wisdom decided to open the cargo door and let all that air in, that is when the plane burned to the ground. The crew did an awesome job. Don't know if they were civilian or military? The guy who made the comment about "lawn darts" will never get hired by anyone anyways. Terrible attitude.

I want to say that I recall an article or something that the Capt was ex-military and had a fire related incident in the military, and this was added "reason" he hauled azz and landed, since he had personal experience before

UNLIKE SwissAir

Latest resources

Back