• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Mesa UA flying gone!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most regional pilots sold their souls to fly the RJ. We should all be flying turbo props. If you want to fly jets-go the the "majors" also know as the legacy airlines. I cannot think of too many people who said to themselves "Man I got into this business to fly for a commuter for the rest of my life" To say otherwise is very sad.

I didn't go to a regional to fly an RJ the rest of my life. That being said I wanted to go to the job that had the best contract, a domicile near me, content pilots, and good maintenance. There's no chance I would have applied to Colgan or a number of other carriers, quick upgrade or not after the stories I heard of that place (5-6 yrs ago).

Dude, you are clueless.. The problem is Mesa management not the pilots.. I agree their CEO is a plague but not the ones flying the planes.

Mesa management is completely impotent and powerless to shape the airline industry without the complicity of the employees.

They're in it together, partners in crime.

Mesa pilots actually fought and won against that whipsaw we called "Freedom A". Funny how no one ever seems to give Mesa pilots credit for doing the right thing and standing up.

I give Mesa pilots who were around for the Freedom A fiasco some credit, although they bought Freedom A's demise by ducking much too far under the line.

But to all the Mesa pilots who came on board after that contract, which I believe is about 75% of them, I have no sympathy for you. You voluntarily signed up for MUCH reduced compensation and horrible working conditions, at a time when every other regional was hiring like gangbusters. There was absolutely NO reason to go to Mesa other than 1) you were clueless about the industry, or 2) you intentionally put up with the BS "Yeah, we know it's a hellhole, but we're just here to get our thousand PIC and then we're outta here", just to get the quick upgrade much faster than you could have gotten at a more respectable regional (sounds oxymoronic, but there are huge differences). You rolled the dice to cut the line, destroying the lives of all the rest of the people in line, and now when the company is falling apart because it was never sustainable to begin with, you lose. That's life, don't expect too much sympathy from the rest of us who were standing in that line.

This thread is greatness! You have the hypocracy of other regional, commuter, subcontractor, whatever you choose to be called lashing out at what they feel is a bottom feeder. Don't you realize it would be like the Mexican factory workers(that would be the asa, egl, skw etc) lashing out at the Chinese factory workers(mesa, rah, colgan etc) who underbid them. REALITY CHECK. You all work for companies that rely on cheap, overworked labor. YOU and YOUR companies have destroyed many more lives and careers then Mesa ever did to you. Good luck to the furloughed mesa pilots.

This thread is greatness! You have the hypocracy of other regional, commuter, subcontractor, whatever you choose to be called lashing out at what they feel is a bottom feeder. Don't you realize it would be like the Mexican factory workers(that would be the asa, egl, skw etc) lashing out at the Chinese factory workers(mesa, rah, colgan etc) who underbid them. REALITY CHECK. You all work for companies that rely on cheap, overworked labor. YOU and YOUR companies have destroyed many more lives and careers then Mesa ever did to you. Good luck to the furloughed mesa pilots.

Unlike your holiness, most of us have to start at entry level jobs in order to make it to the "big leagues." It's the choices that people make along the way that actually make a huge difference. If every regional had followed Comair's lead in 2001, the regional cost structure would not be leaps and bounds cheaper than mainline, and you wouldn't see half the flying in the U.S. now performed by regionals.

Your attitude seems to be, only the great pilots are born at the majors, or else everyone needs to just shut up, do their time at the craphole regionals, and move on to a "real piloting job." But that attitude is what has caused all the undercutting that is now eroding YOUR compensation and job security.

And the Theme music from "RockY" fades in.....

"Get up, go over to your window, put your head out, and yell, I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!!!!"

KEEEEESSSSS my aaaasssss you turd burglar!!!

I get paid more per segment, seat mile, passenger...whatever you wanna call it...I get paid more per whatever, to fly my stupid little RJ than most mainline guys.

So pucker up and start sucking, because after all, those mainline guys are the low-ballers by some measures!!!

Nanner nanner booo booo!!!

The cheapest regional in the DCI portfolio is actually Compass, which was negotiated by mainline NWA pilots.

I don't think any of us are really in a position to throw stones since we are in the same glass house....We have created a system where these jobs are "only" considered "stepping stone" jobs...That is the primary reason we have this problem....Starting FO pay at every regional and every major is a joke...

If we are simply going to blame Mesa pilots for this problem.....then we don't really understand the problem.....

This is what happens when management takes a deal to get a deal done. Mesa signed the UAL and DAL contracts with leases that continue far beyond the length of the contracts. This is why SKYW doesn't have a deal with Continental, management wasn't willing to bet the farm for the sake of getting a deal.

Unlike your holiness, most of us have to start at entry level jobs in order to make it to the "big leagues." It's the choices that people make along the way that actually make a huge difference. If every regional had followed Comair's lead in 2001, the regional cost structure would not be leaps and bounds cheaper than mainline, and you wouldn't see half the flying in the U.S. now performed by regionals.

Your attitude seems to be, only the great pilots are born at the majors, or else everyone needs to just shut up, do their time at the craphole regionals, and move on to a "real piloting job." But that attitude is what has caused all the undercutting that is now eroding YOUR compensation and job security.

So why are you still at a regional?....Let me guess..You lost your dream shot at a legacy because you wanted to stay at your regional with a "stellar" contract..Sounds like you are a lifer

Latest resources

Back