• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Mesa UA flying gone!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cry me a river folks..........a freaking river. Welcome to corporate America.

The reality is that many of the "Mesa Sucks" crowd probably applied at Mesa at some point in their careers! Mesa just wasn't the first to call with a job offer. That make you lucky, not better! Sorry to hear there are more pilots on the street!

Best thing mainline could do is cut the puppet strings on ALL the regionals and park every single RJ, then no one group could blame the other for their demise.
Great idea. NOT. Maybe you could explain who will fly the passengers from Iron Mountain MI to DTW or MSP. Good luck trying to get a 757 in there. Those guys can't even land on the runway let alone a short runway. Are you familiar with the term "hub and spoke" system? It's the way the ariline industry is set up. If you "cut" the puppet strings, there will be no one to bring the passengers from the smaller cities to the hubs for the real pilots to take them to their destination. So, your proposed solution would collapse the entire industry.

The reality is that many of the "Mesa Sucks" crowd probably applied at Mesa at some point in their careers! Mesa just wasn't the first to call with a job offer. That make you lucky, not better! Sorry to hear there are more pilots on the street!
Not true. It's the other way around. The Mesa pilots couldn't get a job at a decent regional, applied at Mesa and were hired. No smart person would work for an airline that requires you to sleep on a board in the airplane on a CDO. That place can't get shut down quick enough. Time for bankruptcy!!!

Actually not. In my case, I even refused to apply to Comair until after they dropped the PFT. It cost me quite a bit of seniority but I refused to compromise my principals. As such, I would do something else before I would ever work for Mesa as I refuse to contribute to the degradation of the industry.

I can honestly say that with every vote that I have cast since being at a 121 carrier that I have not whored myself for growth or any other empty promises. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for my fellow pilots even some at my carrier. Many of the Sr pilots here threw the reserves under the buss during our last LOA and are now ironically living under those same rules they agreed to but thought they would never be effected by. I am always amazed at the number of people that are just uncapable of viewing the big picture when it comes to casting their ballots.

Last edited:
Great idea. NOT. Maybe you could explain who will fly the passengers from Iron Mountain MI to DTW or MSP. Good luck trying to get a 757 in there. Those guys can't even land on the runway let alone a short runway. Are you familiar with the term "hub and spoke" system? It's the way the ariline industry is set up. If you "cut" the puppet strings, there will be no one to bring the passengers from the smaller cities to the hubs for the real pilots to take them to their destination. So, your proposed solution would collapse the entire industry.

Great insight! Wikipedia cut and paste?

Not true. It's the other way around. The Mesa pilots couldn't get a job at a decent regional, applied at Mesa and were hired. No smart person would work for an airline that requires you to sleep on a board in the airplane on a CDO. That place can't get shut down quick enough. Time for bankruptcy!!!

Says the "Mesa Sucks" crowd!

Says the "Mesa Sucks" crowd!
The Mesa-Sucks crowd bases it's bias on a simple list of negative vs. positive. The number of negative aspects vs. positive aspects is overwhelming. That's how sane, common sense people come to their conclusions. And the conclusion on Mesa is: it is a bottom feeder that has, for years, done major damage to the regional airline industry in a variety of ways. There are many facts to back up the Mesa Sucks montra. If you do a search, it won't take long to come to the only sensible conclusion many already know. MESA is a BAD, BAD Place.
End of story.

Latest resources

Back