• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More growth for ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I'm not mistaken...the KA350 is certified as a single pilot airplane, but only if your type ride was single pilot. I think it has a single pilot waiver restriction similar to a Citiation SP...

ASA_Aviator said:
The official minima are 1200/200.

I think the mins are still 600/100. Someone on aviationinterviews.com was just interviewed with 800/200 just 2 days ago (May 2nd)....and the ASA website still says 600/100????

When were the mins supposedly raised?

Last edited:
SiuDude said:
Straight from SGU:
3 GECAS (former Independence) CR2's that are already on property will be put in use in July. The first 705 is scheduled for delivery in August (that's firm) with an unknown number to follow later. Hiring 40 a month through at least July. Official minimums are still 600/100.
Skywest Inc. also reported an income of $.57 a share, a 80% increase over last year.

Source? There is nothing on the ASA/SKW or Bombardier web sites. I doubt a real announcement would be made before the DAL TA is voted on. It wouldn't be good to make an announcement like that only to have the DAL pilots vote the TA down. All this talk about pay, kool aid, etc is pointless until a formal announcement is made.

General Lee said:
Not at the same time, yet. Anyway, it looks like your strategy of just "getting the airplanes and hoping the DL pilots will approve it" could work. But, there is still a vote coming, and it may be close. Regardless, because we ALLOWED a certain weight allowance for RJs, and your 705 met that anyway even with 70 seats, I believe they would have shown up anyway. I always said "they would look great with lie flat sleeper seats....." So, you may fly them anyway. Too bad they will be at 50 seat wages most likely. I don't think JA will allow a huge difference in pay (if any difference) for your ASA planes vs SkyWest planes. He will make sure they are the same. Good luck, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Better 50 seat pay than 90 seat delta pay

Mustang5.0 said:
I think the mins are still 600/100. Someone on aviationinterviews.com was just interviewed with 800/200 just 2 days ago (May 2nd)....and the ASA website still says 600/100????

When were the mins supposedly raised?

The minima were raised when ASA thought they would get the CoEx ERJs. It is hard to upgrade people when you have low time FOs that cannot upgrade due to company or FAA rules.

The website may not be updated, but if you don't have any advanced jet training or experience, or don't know someone, you aren't getting in with under 1200/200.

ASA_Aviator said:
The website may not be updated, but if you don't have any advanced jet training or experience, or don't know someone, you aren't getting in with under 1200/200.

Not quite true. The most recent new hire class had pilots with barely 200 hours in it. I think mostly low low time ASA interns .

I don't think the company has any success hiring higher time pilots. They're better off at the fractionals.

:angryfireThat is because they know how pissed off we "Senior Pilots" are at this point! They are hoping that with these low time guys they will get them onboard with their "kool-aid" talking BS!! Hopefully we will be able to SET THE YOUNGINS' STRAIGHT!

Tomct said:
:angryfireThat is because they know how pissed off we "Senior Pilots" are at this point! They are hoping that with these low time guys they will get them onboard with their "kool-aid" talking BS!! Hopefully we will be able to SET THE YOUNGINS' STRAIGHT!

Here is one "senior pilot" who is not "pissed off". I am making good money, and have a good schedule. That is more than I can say for many others in this business now. The grass is mighty green on this side of the fence Tomct. Be careful of the ALPA kool-aid BS.

Why is it that if someone wants improvements to our contract that they are listening to the ALPA BS? If we didn't have a union(ALPA or whoever) wouldn't we be striving for the same improvements to our work rules and everything else? I would.

So Voice, you would be happy with status quo or less? You want an in house union like SKW that has a working agreement that is basicly written in pencil? I wouldn't.

AVoiceOfReason said:
Here is one "senior pilot" who is not "pissed off". I am making good money, and have a good schedule. That is more than I can say for many others in this business now. The grass is mighty green on this side of the fence Tomct. Be careful of the ALPA kool-aid BS.

ALPA BS indeed! Voice, who the hell do you think achieved those good schedules and pay for you? I don't know if you're management or not, and really don't care. But there are more positives for ALPA than negatives. If you're ever in an accident, lose your medical, or heaven forbid, fired, you'll realize the true benefit of having ALPA on property. They're not perfect, and guess what? Management is far from it too! Just look at what they want to take away! Reduce 700 pay, per diem, and premium & cancel pay for starters! How would that affect your 'good money' then? Thought so.

Hoser
Best to Bob Arnold in retirement and his future pursuits! Thanks!

Latest resources

Back