More growth for ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FishandFly said:
That's ironic. It is the same theory those who hope to make a career at our 'regional' feel. Which seems promising seeing that our company is smarter than all of the airlines we "feed". Our problem is that now you're flying bigger planes than we have for less money. Quite the dilema.

That is ironic. Being "smarter" doesn't mean you have the ability to bid on any flying for the majors. That is up to the majors to decide, and some of that deals with negotiations with the Major's labor groups. Maybe you haven't noticed, but we have taken cuts in every size plane we fly, and that will flow down towards your planes too. IF you are a part of a healthy, profitable organization (that your smart management aligns itself with), then you may be able to keep higher wages around. If not, then expect for everyone to feel the pinch, and your RJs aren't really helping our bottom line at all--your CASM is higher and your deals often include fuel agreements to keep you profitable, while hurting the Major you feed. Those types of deals, made by your SMART management teams, will eventually make our dumb teams look for better deals, and that will drive down your pay because your management will have to suddenly compete against Mesa for new contracts. Look at Gateway and United. United went for cheaper 70 seaters, and new, non union airlines that are cheaper just suddenly pop up. Expect more of that if your wages stay high. And that isn't our fault, that is your management's fault for not being flexible. Each time your airline's contract comes up for renewal, it will be scrutinized. Those Smart management people you have will ruin it for you eventually, yet they will take bonuses. Their bad deals today (for us) will lower your wages tomorrow. Ironic indeed.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
ASA doesn't have much going for it, other than it's cheaper than dirt. Although others can and will do it better for same or less money. It wouldn't be that difficult to accomplish...

General Lee said:
your RJs aren't really helping our bottom line at all--your CASM is higher and your deals often include fuel agreements to keep you profitable, while hurting the Major you feed.
Bye Bye--General Lee

If our RJ's aren't even profitable, why is your company so eager to get RJ's on your line? And why have you agreed to fly them for less money than everyone else?

General Lee said:
Well, we once again hear from one of my stalkers (my initials are in his name--creepy). SkyWest didn't have a 5 year contract for their pilots to sign before they got hired. SkyWest actually has had national union drives before, and have shot them down, only to get pi$$ed on shortly afterwards. (where is that 2% raise?) Now the B6 rampers may unionize, which may create a ripple in B6 and maybe more union drives will pop up. Unions are not terrible for all airlines--look at Southwest, they are the most unionized airline out there, and they seem to be doing fine. SkyWest's inhouse union (or association) is actually funded by management, which makes me a little nervous, and that is why I ask a lot of questions on this board. Is it my right to ask questions and form opinions? You bet. Any of you can do the same about DL, and I will give my opinions on that too. Have a great day.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Still dodging the point..... No snide remarks about the B6 pilots ,but if you're a skywest pilot you are a bad person for not having a union. Dork!

But I guess if your only reason for posting on this board is to stir and insult.......... Yeah this dweeb is here to 'educate and debate'. <sarcasm>

Last edited:
FishandFly said:
FishandFly vbmenu_register("postmenu_989395", true);

Civ/Mil: civ
A/C Flown: a few
Ratings: a few
Total Time: little

thought I'd show off this signature feature.

NICE!

:rolleyes:Voice, get your head out of Brians lap and throw yourself out the 8th floor window!~ Another Yuppie Dirtbag within the ranks of mgmnt!!!

FishandFly said:
thought I'd show off this signature feature.

Wow, did you think of that all by yourself?

I've got one for Fishandfly:

"I like to eat hamburgers, especially with mustard."

Classic. Did you really think that would offend me? You must be new.

Come up with something creative, or just give aviation opinions and try to back them up. Debate is good, even though some people on this board hate it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

WhatRUSmokinGL? said:
Still dodging the point..... No snide remarks about the B6 pilots ,but if you're a skywest pilot you are a bad person for not having a union. Dork!

But I guess if your only reason for posting on this board is to stir and insult.......... Yeah this dweeb is here to 'educate and debate'. <sarcasm>

Dork? Ouch, I am crying now in the corner..... I often leave plenty of snide remarks about JB pilots and some of the things they have wanted over the last couple years, like transcon turns. Have you not seen my rants over there on the Majors board about that? You haven't? Dork! You need to open your mind to other things and other issues that MAY affect you someday. Take a look over at the Majors section every once and awhile, it won't bite you. Come on, give it a try dork, you can do it! We are allowed to look at any section, no ID required. You can do it. <sarcasm>

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Wow, did you think of that all by yourself?

I've got one for Fishandfly:

"I like to eat hamburgers, especially with mustard."

Classic. Did you really think that would offend me? You must be new.

Come up with something creative, or just give aviation opinions and try to back them up. Debate is good, even though some people on this board hate it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

GL,
People don't hate the fact that you have opinions, nor that you voice them. It is your delivery that makes you a moron.

Latest resources

Back