• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More growth for ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Easy Hoser boy, that's just ole Scotty stirring it up. He's outa here this summer. From a reliable source which I can't reveal. heard ChiExp wants him back. hahaha

ASApuppy said:
If JA really wanted to save money all it would cost him is about 10 bucks. That would cover the cost of a padlock and three feet of chain to wrap around the front door handles of 100 Hartsfield Centre Parkway.

This is the most reasoned, money saving, bullsh!t removing, incompetent killing, and corporation saving idea to hit FlightInfo ever!

Booooooyahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

I can see this being said on 'Mad Money' as the main anchor holding back a SKW stock mega bull session.

Sorry Brian and Scotty, ....Oh sorry, I mean 'A Voice of Reason and CRJSkipper'-but its true.

You loose, you do not pass go and you do not collect squat!

The dumbest thing I have ever read

FishandFly said:
Better 50 seat pay than 90 seat delta pay

Did I just read that right? You would rather have 50 seat SkyWest pay over Delta 90 seat pay? Even though you could maybe move UP and make more for bigger planes, when SkyWest's rates go up to 99 seats at 50 seat pay? Really? Koookooo. Kooookooo. Well, ok then.

Bye Bye--General Lee

rjcap said:
Not quite true. The most recent new hire class had pilots with barely 200 hours in it. I think mostly low low time ASA interns .

I don't think the company has any success hiring higher time pilots. They're better off at the fractionals.

Well, I said if you have advanced aircraft training or know someone, you can get in with lower time. Interns both know someone in the company, and have advanced sim training. All of the interns get time in the simulator and systems ground school. Some of the interns even get to go through the entire CRJ training course while they work here, complete with check-ride.

General Lee said:
Did I just read that right? You would rather have 50 seat SkyWest pay over Delta 90 seat pay? Even though you could maybe move UP and make more for bigger planes, when SkyWest's rates go up to 99 seats at 50 seat pay? Really? Koookooo. Kooookooo. Well, ok then.

Bye Bye--General Lee
General - did I just read you right, that Delta's (and Northwest's and US Air's) sub RJ pay rates are justified because of the promise of flying bigger airplanes? Maybe we need a thread on Big Jet Syndrome.

We all need to stop accepting low pay in exchange for management promises of some future payoff. Management is great at making promises they don't (or can't) keep.

You used to talk so nasty about Jet Blue's Embraer rates..... I'm starting to miss the ol' General.

I have to say, though training is the usual firehose, I sure am glad to be finished with the whole ASA/DL/CMR/SKY debate/debacle.
Enjoy....

~~~^~~~ said:
General - did I just read you right, that Delta's (and Northwest's and US Air's) sub RJ pay rates are justified because of the promise of flying bigger airplanes? Maybe we need a thread on Big Jet Syndrome.

We all need to stop accepting low pay in exchange for management promises of some future payoff. Management is great at making promises they don't (or can't) keep.

You used to talk so nasty about Jet Blue's Embraer rates..... I'm starting to miss the ol' General.

I stopped slamming B6 because I realized the pilots really had NO say in their rates, and that they were imposed on them. I kinda see that with us too, because we are in a corner and DL will probably give them to somebody. I have been told by many pilots that it is best to get the plane on the property first, and then raise the rates during the next contract talks, than to give them away and never see them again except at your regional feed.

But, regardless, B6 management has set the bar for the 100 seat rate, and that will affect every other 100 seat rate, and anything below it---like 50 or 70 seat rates. Dave Neeleman probably received a dozen roses from every airline management out there, and smiled with his big grin each time. Ah.......

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
I stopped slamming B6 because I realized the pilots really had NO say in their rates, and that they were imposed on them. I kinda see that with us too, because we are in a corner and DL will probably give them to somebody. I have been told by many pilots that it is best to get the plane on the property first, and then raise the rates during the next contract talks, than to give them away and never see them again except at your regional feed.

But, regardless, B6 management has set the bar for the 100 seat rate, and that will affect every other 100 seat rate, and anything below it---like 50 or 70 seat rates. Dave Neeleman probably received a dozen roses from every airline management out there, and smiled with his big grin each time. Ah.......

Bye Bye--General Lee

That's ironic. It is the same theory those who hope to make a career at our 'regional' feel. Which seems promising seeing that our company is smarter than all of the airlines we "feed". Our problem is that now you're flying bigger planes than we have for less money. Quite the dilema.

General Lee said:
I stopped slamming B6 because I realized the pilots really had NO say in their rates, and that they were imposed on them. .......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Why is it that this dork picks on Skywest pilots for not being unionized but not JB pilots?

Is it because he's only here on the regional boards to stir up smack?

Yeah, he's just here for the 'debate'. What a crock!

WhatRUSmokinGL? said:
Why is it that this dork picks on Skywest pilots for not being unionized but not JB pilots?

Is it because he's only here on the regional boards to stir up smack?

Yeah, he's just here for the 'debate'. What a crock!

Well, we once again hear from one of my stalkers (my initials are in his name--creepy). SkyWest didn't have a 5 year contract for their pilots to sign before they got hired. SkyWest actually has had national union drives before, and have shot them down, only to get pi$$ed on shortly afterwards. (where is that 2% raise?) Now the B6 rampers may unionize, which may create a ripple in B6 and maybe more union drives will pop up. Unions are not terrible for all airlines--look at Southwest, they are the most unionized airline out there, and they seem to be doing fine. SkyWest's inhouse union (or association) is actually funded by management, which makes me a little nervous, and that is why I ask a lot of questions on this board. Is it my right to ask questions and form opinions? You bet. Any of you can do the same about DL, and I will give my opinions on that too. Have a great day.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back