Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SiuDude said:
Straight from SGU:
3 GECAS (former Independence) CR2's that are already on property will be put in use in July. The first 705 is scheduled for delivery in August (that's firm) with an unknown number to follow later. Hiring 40 a month through at least July. Official minimums are still 600/100.
Skywest Inc. also reported an income of $.57 a share, a 80% increase over last year.

The official minima are 1200/200.

601Pilot said:
The winglets may be a bit different, but if you think Bombardier redesigned
the wing just for this aircraft, then I have a bridge I will sell you. I will bet
the wing is the same as the 900.

Just going off what I heard. There really isnt much info out there which would now lead me to believe the wings are the same. But I've never seen one up close.

I have, its the same airplane with different seating. their might be a 950 comming out - supost to be the same as the 900 / 705 but with different FADEC, more fuel, bigger winglets, and new slat logic

The mins are 1200/200. After I submitted my resume, a lady called me back and said that I did not have the proper mins (1000/100). But luckily I had some King Air SIC time by the grace of God, and they told me that helped me to get an application and interview date after I explained my situation.

The wing and winglet were redesigned last year by Bombardier to make it more fuel efficient. There was an artical in Pro Pilot last summer about the mod.

701EV

Get ready....because the "IF" is coming...don't bite on the 70 seat concessions offer...Let the planes go where they go but don't let them convince you that we need concessions to get them...

Where is good ole General Lee when you need him? Doesn't this hinder on if the 50.1% of GLs buddies say yes? He must be flying his "HEAVY!" 767 or banging that hot wife of his.

:angryfireThey can Piss Off if they think that they are going to get a pay cut out of US!! Record profits and a pay cut, YEEAAAAAHHHHHHH RIGHT!! Get ready to open your wallet JA and BRIAN!! We won't bend and if they send the airplanes to the skywst group, then they are STUPID for flying them period!! Hopefully the skywst group will UNIONISE SOON!!

AdamKooper said:
Where is good ole General Lee when you need him? Doesn't this hinder on if the 50.1% of GLs buddies say yes? He must be flying his "HEAVY!" 767 or banging that hot wife of his.

Not at the same time, yet. Anyway, it looks like your strategy of just "getting the airplanes and hoping the DL pilots will approve it" could work. But, there is still a vote coming, and it may be close. Regardless, because we ALLOWED a certain weight allowance for RJs, and your 705 met that anyway even with 70 seats, I believe they would have shown up anyway. I always said "they would look great with lie flat sleeper seats....." So, you may fly them anyway. Too bad they will be at 50 seat wages most likely. I don't think JA will allow a huge difference in pay (if any difference) for your ASA planes vs SkyWest planes. He will make sure they are the same. Good luck, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Not at the same time, yet. Anyway, it looks like your strategy of just "getting the airplanes and hoping the DL pilots will approve it" could work. But, there is still a vote coming, and it may be close. Regardless, because we ALLOWED a certain weight allowance for RJs, and your 705 met that anyway even with 70 seats, I believe they would have shown up anyway. I always said "they would look great with lie flat sleeper seats....." So, you may fly them anyway. Too bad they will be at 50 seat wages most likely. I don't think JA will allow a huge difference in pay (if any difference) for your ASA planes vs SkyWest planes. He will make sure they are the same. Good luck, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, two points:

1. OUR MANAGEMENT employed the strategy of "getting the airplanes and hoping the DL pilots will approve it", not the pilot group. Direct your ire appropriately! Pilots don't order airplanes, we just fly where we're told.

2. The 705 will be flown for the 70 seat rate in the new contract since it is the same type with little differences. It will not be flown for 50 seat pay. The 70 seat pilots at ASA will not be taking a pay cut.

Latest resources

Back