• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Furlough Rumblings at Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anywaaaay, could someone PLEASE post anything on the training slots or laoffs that just happened. I think ClubORDFO is right about the globals and FA correlation or am I missing something? Could they adequatly staff globals and 604s with what they currently have especially if they went to a request only FA basis like on the 300 to give owners a way to cut costs?

Anyone think they could be moving towards using more contract F/A's (which they use on occasion anyways) instead of salaried ones to cut costs? Apparently there were secretaries for secretaries in the office. Deadhead is up, charter is up, OT requests are supposedly up. Something's supposedly up in the training department. I guess I'm not ready to freak out just yet.

Or maybe I'm just delusional. :erm:

No Globals. Its been said before for at least the last year if we were to do it it would start under a managed aircraft program in order to build a base and support structure for the program. As well as defer some of the costs.

Approx 50 office people and 3 FA's laid off

Before we bring people back you can bet we will be going back to a 15.5 day lines.

Was told recently that there were no plans to move crews from fleet to fleet.

No Globals. Its been said before for at least the last year if we were to do it it would start under a managed aircraft program in order to build a base and support structure for the program. As well as defer some of the costs.

Approx 50 office people and 3 FA's laid off

Before we bring people back you can bet we will be going back to a 15.5 day lines.

Was told recently that there were no plans to move crews from fleet to fleet.

Do you mind telling who told you there would be no fleet swaps? Do you have any idea what the rumored initial slots at the TC are for? Would they use flexjet slots for managed global training? Has anybody heard of any instructors recently adding a new type to their belt?

What kind of office staff?

There was another thread about several (many) globals registered to the waterview address with a link. Since you seem reasonable and connected I'd be interested in your
thoughts...

If anyone with half a brain looks those globals are not at all registered to Bombarder Flexjet, they are registered to Bombardier Aerospace, which also uses the same address...there are also a lot of 300's , 605's and 40 and 45's registered to the same address if you have a look, heck I think there were some CRJ's also registered to the waterview address, but obviously we are having global wet dreams here, so only looking for them....maybe they are getting CRJ's.....

I think can99 is right. Some of those globals were first register back in January, here are the tail #'s N105ZZ, N109ZZ, N112ZZ, N113ZZ and N115ZZ. I honestly think that these babies have nothing to do with FlexJet.

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Inquiry.aspx

Personally I find it interesting that the number holding pattern is similar to how flex has brought in fleets/additional ac before - the others you speak of don't share that pattern. I guess I don't fully understand all the intertwinings of flex, jet solutions, and bombardier sales. It does seem inherently unfair to me that most of y'all don't either. Not saying they are doing anything wrong, it just seems unfair to you guys there is no transparency about things that affect your careers.

Word around the "pickle bar" (?) is the big wig meeting from Montreal is this week. I wonder what that's about.

Do you mind telling who told you there would be no fleet swaps? Do you have any idea what the rumored initial slots at the TC are for? Would they use flexjet slots for managed global training? Has anybody heard of any instructors recently adding a new type to their belt?

The slots ain't there as of today. One who knows.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back