More fallout from SWA crash - pax and rw length

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN FAL

I sure hope you are kidding. From the evidence that has been released I think the "FEDS" had no nother choice but to deal with the situation. So what is your monday morning quarterback answer to what should have been done? You have a guy running down the aisle of a jet screaming he has a bomb in his backpack. He does not follow any orders given to him by ARMED sky marshals. He reaches into his backpack, You know, the one that he said had a bomb. Please tell me you were kidding.

SS

FN FAL said:
Hell, if a passenger spots a bomb on a plane and exclaims so, the feds will murder them anyway...regardless of runway length.

Unreal. The fams did exactly what they were trained to do. I wonder what you would be saying if there was a bomb and he vaporized some civilians and the fams did nothing?

Or are you saying that they should all become pyschologists to determine if the threat is real in those micro seconds? A threat is a threat is a threat. End of discussion.

Secret Squirrel said:
You have a guy running down the aisle of a jet screaming he has a bomb in his backpack. He does not follow any orders given to him by ARMED sky marshals. He reaches into his backpack, You know, the one that he said had a bomb....
He couldn't have a bomb. He was screened by TSA. They'd never let anything slip by. :puke:

Wolfe Blitzer to Mills O'Brien

"Reduced power, do mean that the airlines are skiping out on giving the flying public full rated engine power? They are cheating the passenger out of what they pay for. Is that really SAFE?"

I wouldn't worry too much about it. The media will lose interest in the story in a couple of days, and the public will forget about it just as soon.

Remember the head of FEMA everybody was slamming after Katrina? After he "resigned" from his post, he was offered a "consulting" deal with the very same government entity (probably for more money, LOL). Never saw any backlash from that 'cause the public had moved on to the next story of the hour.

Oh yeah!

stb said:
I cant wait til the reporters hear about Flex/Reduced Power take-offs.

Or how about when they hear pilots *practice* taking off with one engine in the simulator!

So I was reading in the paper that there was a 13 MPH tail wind... I don't know what that converts to in knots. Am I to understand that some of the most experienced pilots in the world not some rookies out of riddle but pilots with thousands of hours... Landed with a ten knot tailwind, in a blizzard, on a short runway, with braking fair in the touchdown zone and poor in the rollout area?

Secret Squirrel said:
FN FAL

I sure hope you are kidding. From the evidence that has been released I think the "FEDS" had no nother choice but to deal with the situation. So what is your monday morning quarterback answer to what should have been done? You have a guy running down the aisle of a jet screaming he has a bomb in his backpack. He does not follow any orders given to him by ARMED sky marshals. He reaches into his backpack, You know, the one that he said had a bomb. Please tell me you were kidding.

SS

You seem like the kind of guy that would sit down on an airliner, look in the magazine pouch and upon seeing the bomb or simulated bomb, calmly disable the device and politely carry it out of the plane to the authorities. Then as you walk off the airliner, balloons and confetti will come from the ceiling, the flight crew, passengers, airport staff, TSA, airport police and the media will be there in a gauntlet of praise and applause. Music will be playing in the background.

BANG, BANG, BANG! You're dead...dream's over.

If you see a bomb on a plane and jump out of your seat, running off the plane screaming a warning of impending doom, you'll be lucky if the scheduling gods didn't put any armed men on your plane that day...because if they did, you'll be dead.

Think about it.

Latest resources

Back