More drama? 2nd run at Frontier?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
would take some major tweaking b/c of what I said before, F9 is not profitable

Don't tell that to a F9 guy. They are profitable remember, it is all the credit card company's fault.

F9 is done! Put a fork in it... Another one bites the dust. We need a national seniority list now!!! Get a date of hire and transfer your skills to another job.

Amen to that! Now how the heck can that be done? Seniority is great until you have to go back down to the bottom again- :eek:

So what would they do with the 30 something e190's they have now? Junk 'em? What about the ones F9 has? Seems like a hell of a waste of money.

RAH keeps their 190's.....15 jetBlue E190[s and cash should be about the right price. The remaining A/C will phased out over 24 months to various airlines..just a guess

Whatever happens I can't see SW being interested in anything other than east coast slots and gates in DEN and possibly MKE. Right now they have their hands full with the integration of AT and aircraft replacement. I can't imagine they would want to deal with another merger/aquisition involving unionized employees and a third aircraft type. Given the aircraft replacement requirements at SW (older 737's and 717's eventually about 250 airplanes) it will take all of their deliveries for years just to do this. Even if they got more opportunities in Denver or wherever I'm not sure where they would find the 737's to take advantage of those opportunities and expand.

Maybe Frontier would be a good mate for JB or VA. It would give them a MKE hub and access to the Chicago market and they could move the Denver hub somewhere else because I don't think anybody wants to fight SW and UAL in Denver. Whatever happens, I hope the Frontier employees come out OK, this industry has destroyed way too many jobs already we don't need more.

I just don't buy an asset swipe. No way. Let's say B6 bought F9 tomorrow and dumped all the pilots. What would all those assets do other than sit around and do nothing? Somebody has to fly those busses.

Worst case scenario would be a Mesa/Freedom type deal where B6 would paint the planes, open a DEN B6 base, and transfer flying to the B6 certificate. Don't believe that would happen though, especially with B6 having no union and F9 with the teamsters. There would be a nasty damn battle over the seniority list, which B6 management does not want.

Your theory and scenario are both plausible. F9 could be operated stand alone and the assets tranferred to B6 as the E190s are phased out. As the planes depart, the F9 pilots get furloughed and offered preferential interviews at B6.

Look what's going on at LCC. You don't think Doug Parker is smiling because the SLI fight has given LCC East pilots the longest self-imposed B-scale in airline history? He's laughing all the way to the bank.

You don't think Barger wouldn't be just as happy to run the F9 system on RAH wages until the last 'bus is transferred to the B6 certificate?

Really?

Sell the Airbus fleet(Frontier) to B6 and republic signs a long term deal to fly E190's for jet blue. You heard it hear first.

Sell the Airbus fleet(Frontier) to B6 and republic signs a long term deal to fly E190's for jet blue. You heard it hear first.

What about lifetime DEN base rights and lifetime furlough pay for the F9 guys. :bomb:

Latest resources

Back