• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Dates for ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You ASAholes sure have alot of problems over there... What are you guys going to do when Skywest takes all of your airplanes?

Show me.....

884 million isn't "net"..... The net is much smaller....

Net margins in the regional business have been shrinking for the past 8 years or so as mainline carriers put the squeeze on the regionals.....

Show me another line of work where you can make a 14% profit margin...... Ain't too many out there-sure there are a few, like software, and maybe crude oil-(oh, wait, the greedy oil companies only make about 6%) We are making more than double that 6% for these a-holes every day and they won't come off a dime more than we agreed to almost 10 years ago!

The RJDC can't fix this mess, ALPA isn't a cure-all, but it sure is better than getting crap unilaterally rammed down our throats and having nothing to say about it-like the non-unionized pilots do! Please just forget about the RJDC-that horse has been beat til it ain't nothing but a pile of hamburger meat! ALPA can't come up with a "branded" regional network any more than they can guarantee that each of us will pilot a space shuttle-because there are lots of Mesas and GoJets waiting around to screw their fellow pilots. I don't see a durn thing ALPA could do differently for us.

The sad truth is that we are caught in the middle of a pissing contest between JA and his company. He dosn't give a rat's empennage about us or even his own employees-the only thing he cares about is increasing his net worth. This will probably turn out poorly in the long run. Truth is there is not much ALPA can do differently, and certainly nothing over in RJDC dreamland that wll help even one of us!

The problem is in this retarted Railroad Labor Act-it simply makes it impossible to negotiate-that is not ALPA's fault.

The problem is in this retarted Railroad Labor Act-it simply makes it impossible to negotiate-that is not ALPA's fault.

Bingo (as Joe likes to say)!

And when a certain Delta VP has been lobbying the NMB that a release will damage Delta, and the NMB favors management and agrees, there you go, more dates for us, no matter that they'll be unproductive. All I can say is fly very very safely, and by the book to protect yourself.

Hoser

asaholes, laughing. I am an asahole. hmm I don't think that will happen. Skywest can't fill their classes now. hmm think about that.

Safety above all.

Bryan L and company are holding fistsfulls of $$$$ and laughing at all of you that are doing whatever it takes to get back on time or make your flight home.

Our passengers deserve to have the safest transportation that Atkin's money can buy.

Fly Safe and Fly the Contract.

AT

You ASAholes sure have alot of problems over there... What are you guys going to do when Skywest takes all of your airplanes?

I wonder what the SkyWest pilots are gonna do once Jerry finally decides to get rid of ASA management and merge the two airlines.

I'm glad we have representation and will have a voice during those integration discussions. The SkyWest pilots will have no such voice without ALPA.

Bingo (as Joe likes to say)!

And when a certain Delta VP has been lobbying the NMB that a release will damage Delta, and the NMB favors management and agrees, there you go, more dates for us, no matter that they'll be unproductive. All I can say is fly very very safely, and by the book to protect yourself.

Hoser

You wouldn't be talking about this guy would you?

Look at the law firm he use to work for.

http://www.delta.com/about_delta/corporate_information/corporate_biographies/campbell/

Have you read the scope section open issues list? Or are you like most people that don't know what the issues are, don't know who your reps are, and don't know what the industry standard is on all the issues.... but gosh darnit, you just know your pissed because.... well just because....

If it defeats ALPA and unions, then it is cheaper to transfer airplanes.... Our scope proposal doesn't prevent that...

Joe, I love you man. And you're absolutely write (you like that one? Write?) I'm undereducated and completely ignorant to all issues. I'm not an ALPA cheerleader as you call it, but right now they are the only ones screaming for anything in my favor. (in the near future anyway) I'm sorry, except for the contract in 90 days with superior freakin everything. But, back to the point, you're right. Myself and most of the rest of my ignorant co-workers blindly follow anything ALPA tells us just because. It's amazing I can even dress myself. Guess that's why I wear a uniform! So, tell me what I should really do next, not something vague like putting ALPAs feat to the fire, but real stuff.....where too? And does anyone in the world besides you and LJ actually have a clue?

I wonder what the SkyWest pilots are gonna do once Jerry finally decides to get rid of ASA management and merge the two airlines.

I'm glad we have representation and will have a voice during those integration discussions. The SkyWest pilots will have no such voice without ALPA.

So let me get this straight WWEfan.... ALPA says they can't negotiate a single list, but you say Jerry is going to do it anyway.... I guess Jerry is the one to go with then.... We need a single list and ALPA says "we can't do it"..... You say Jerry is going to do it.... He's got my vote then....

By the way, the Skywest pilots still get ALG/Mohawk arbitration in an integration... something ALPA doesn't want to talk about....

Latest resources

Back